Short Term Investment Plan

sujayCR7

KF Rookie
Please suggest a relatively safer investment plan for my marriage (Planning after 2yrs). I have some 2Lacs savings now and will be saving around 50K per month from next month onwards.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Please suggest a relatively safer investment plan for my marriage (Planning after 2yrs). I have some 2Lacs savings now and will be saving around 50K per month from next month onwards.
■ Safest Plan: FD in Small Finance Bank (secured by DICGC)

Note: If you don't have enough knowledge or Experience in Investment in Smallcase and Mutual funds then below mentioned things are totally bullshit 😤 Just Ignore it.

■ Risky Plan: Investment in Smallcase and Mutual funds

If I were in your shoes and planning for an investment tenure of 2 years, here's what I would do:

First, I would open a FD of ₹50K with the highest return in a Small Finance Bank through the Stable Money app. Then, I would invest ₹50K in Smallcase (Top 250, Equity & Gold, All Weather Investing) and the remaining ₹1L in Mutual Funds (60% debt + 40% equity). Lastly, I would start a RD of ₹5K, a ₹5K SIP in Smallcase, a ₹10K SIP in Debt Mutual Funds, and a ₹30K SIP in Equity Mutual Funds.

• After 2 years, if my Mutual Funds and Smallcase investments have given positive returns, I would redeem the required amount.
  • However, considering the worst-case scenario where all my Smallcase and Mutual Funds are in the red, I would opt for a loan against my investments. These loans are cheaper compared to conventional loans. Given that I can save ₹50K per month now, I could afford a loan EMI of the same amount. When the market recovers, my investments will surely cover my EMI and provide additional returns, far exceeding the FD.

I hope this helps! Do share your thoughts on this 😊

zacobite

KF Mentor
Fd + rd in small finance bank upto 5 L.. keep in diff banks.. put some in debt funds..

Investment carries risk if you want to grow money and get a good return then you have to take risks of few percent of your capital. Else, you can prefer RDs & FDs . You can also try Debt funds, T-Bills or Govt. bonds.