Should I change my NPS fund manager

Hello everyone

My NPS fund manager is HDFC. But, its not performing well due to its recent news. Should I change it to some other fund manager or I should wait?

My friend, NPS- National Pension Scheme is supposed to help you build a pension corpus for your retirement. If you have a minimum 25-30 years before retirement, then the decision of changing the fund manager should not be decided based on such momentarily news. इस तरह की न्यूज़ तो हर फण्ड हाउस के बारे में आती रहेंगी। अगर आपको याद हो तो पिछले साल इस तरह की न्यूज़ LIC के बारे में भी आई थी।

Tax with Ria

KF Expert
Hello everyone

My NPS fund manager is HDFC. But, its not performing well due to its recent news. Should I change it to some other fund manager or I should wait?
Hello Nikhil,
Your NPS is a pension scheme which is held till your retirement age comes and it takes a time of atleast 25-30 years to mature which cannot be discarded by temporary fragmented news. So hold on to your pension fund to unfold the maturity value quite well. Also of you want extra cushion of safety as these pension funds invest in equity shares, you can have LIC retirement plan which qualifies for 80C deduction as well.