Stamp duty payment via Credit Card

maplepro573

KF Rookie
Hi Folks,
I wanna do stamp duty payment of 3-4 Lakhs in Maharashtra.
1. Which is the best credit card for that?
2. I have SBI Vistara prime CC with 1L limit. So is it possible to do multiple payments on online portal while paying stamp duty? Or it possible to do multiple swipes when doing offline payment?
Just wanna know how can I maximise benefit when paying stamp duty. I have attached a snip of the payment portal.

1721629669178.png

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Hi Folks,
I wanna do stamp duty payment of 3-4 Lakhs in Maharashtra.
1. Which is the best credit card for that?
2. I have SBI Vistara prime CC with 1L limit. So is it possible to do multiple payments on online portal while paying stamp duty? Or it possible to do multiple swipes when doing offline payment?
Just wanna know how can I maximise benefit when paying stamp duty. I have attached a snip of the payment portal.

View attachment 1274

Hey there! 😊

For paying stamp duty of 3-4 lakhs in Maharashtra, here are some tips:
  1. Best Credit Card: Look for cards that offer high reward points or cashback on large transactions. Cards like HDFC Regalia, SBI Elite, or ICICI Sapphiro are good options. They often have higher limits and better rewards for big spends.
  2. Multiple Payments: Unfortunately, multiple payments for a single stamp duty transaction are not allowed on the online portal for Maharashtra. Since your SBI Vistara Prime Credit Card has a limit of ₹1 lakh, you won’t be able to use it to pay the full amount of ₹3-4 lakhs in one go. And Yes, credit cards can be used to make multiple payments for a single stamp duty transaction in offline mode but you can't again b'coz of your card limit and it's best to confirm with the payment portal, Sub-Registrar Office or the bank handling the transaction.
To maximize benefits, check if your card offers any special rewards or cashback for such payments. Also, consider splitting the payment across multiple cards if you have others with good benefits.

Hope this helps! 😊

(Source: Conversation with Gemini AI, Credit: @hitirfan for correcting me regarding 2.Multiple Payments)

Last edited: