Still calling me about generate pin.

Hello everyone,

I applied for a credit card through a bank employee who assured me that it would be lifetime free. However, when I received the card, I realized it wasn’t the one I had requested. After speaking with the employee, he told me that to get the specific card I wanted, I would need to use this card first and then apply for the new one. Upon doing some research, I found out that the card delivered to me has a joining fee and an annual fee. When I brought this up with the banker, he mentioned that the fees would be waived if I spent ₹10,000 in the first month.

I decided not to generate the PIN for the card. Despite this, the bank's customer care keeps calling me to activate it, and the card is already showing up on my credit report.

I've clearly stated over the phone that I won’t generate the PIN until my inquiry is resolved. Still can't solve my inquiry.

My question is: If I don't generate the PIN and the card expires, will it affect my credit score?

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
My question is: If I don't generate the PIN and the card expires, will it affect my credit score?
Hello,
  • As per RBI, it's mandatory to activate the CC within 30 days from issuing date or else CC is Closed automatically.
  • Due to the Hard Inquiry by the bank for approving this CC, their might be some short term impact on your CIBIL Score.

hitirfan

KF Mentor
Which card is it? How did it reflect in CIBIL so fast?

Some banks generate statement with joining fee even before activating the card. If this is the case, you have to pay the Joining fee to avoid Late Payment in Credit Reports and then ask the bank to refund.