Super Premium Card suggestions

saiki9247

KF Ace
I have an Axis Magnus Card and an Atlas Card along with few other cards(Indusind Eazy Diner and Swiggy HDFC, I use them a lot. I also have amazon pay icici card as a backup card)…I am planning to cancel Magnus because it doesnt seem useful anymore. But What I will lose by cancelling magnus is the priority pass.
What other alternatives can I consider? Is olympus card a good option to pursue?
What would be a good credit card strategy for me now?
Also I need good rupay card suggestions as well just for making upi transactions.. For some reason my tata neu infinity application got rejected.

Karunakara

KF Mentor
1. If you have your business I would suggest HDFC Biz Black. If salaried either Infinia/DCB/ICICI Emerald Pvt Metal
2. Union Bank Rupay Select Credit Card: For 1% returns and other select Card benefits. LTF if spends Rs 50,000/- PER YEAR
3. You may add Amex Platinum Travel Card to your collection

saiki9247

KF Ace
1. If you have your business I would suggest HDFC Biz Black. If salaried either Infinia/DCB/ICICI Emerald Pvt Metal
2. Union Bank Rupay Select Credit Card: For 1% returns and other select Card benefits. LTF if spends Rs 50,000/- PER YEAR
3. You may add Amex Platinum Travel Card to your collection
I am not sure if I can get Infinia immediately because I guess HDFC wouldnr offer it directly without a past relarionship. I only have the swiggy HDFC credit card.

saiki9247

KF Ace
I have an Axis Magnus Card and an Atlas Card along with few other cards(Indusind Eazy Diner and Swiggy HDFC, I use them a lot. I also have amazon pay icici card as a backup card)…I am planning to cancel Magnus because it doesnt seem useful anymore. But What I will lose by cancelling magnus is the priority pass.
What other alternatives can I consider? Is olympus card a good option to pursue?
What would be a good credit card strategy for me now?
Also I need good rupay card suggestions as well just for making upi transactions.. For some reason my tata neu infinity application got rejected.
I have a pre-approved offer to ICICI Emeralde Plastic Card but that is a very bad card for the benefits its giving. I am trying for the Emeralade Private Metal variant because the benfits are decent there atleast for the first year but the bank people dont seem convinced as of now. Are there some tricks I can try so that I can get the card?

saiki9247

KF Ace
Whatever card I am going to take, I am going to be here in India for an year only. So I was mainly focussed on the welcome benefits … Yes I checked Marquee too. They are offering 40000 reward points which values at 10k roughly.. It ll cover up the fees part excluding gst…

For ICICI emeralde private, They are giving one taj night stay and also 12.5k worth voucher which seemed like a better deal. What do u think?

Also, What are the list of hotel options we have for reward points redemption in marqeee? Can we redeem them in accor because it gives good value?

Please me know your thoughts.. Maybe I am missing something here too

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
Whatever card I am going to take, I am going to be here in India for an year only. So I was mainly focussed on the welcome benefits … Yes I checked Marquee too. They are offering 40000 reward points which values at 10k roughly.. It ll cover up the fees part excluding gst…

For ICICI emeralde private, They are giving one taj night stay and also 12.5k worth voucher which seemed like a better deal. What do u think?

Also, What are the list of hotel options we have for reward points redemption in marqeee? Can we redeem them in accor because it gives good value?

It is 60K points worth roughly 14K INR. You mentioned you wanted a card with unlimited lounge access? This one has it, you don't even need a priority pass. Also, yes, you can book flights, transfer to different partners, book hotels etc. with the reward points. The base reward rate is also good at 36 points/200rs for online spends. I haven't used ICICI cards except for the amazon pay one, so can't really comment.

saiki9247

KF Ace
It was 60k points before.. it is 40k points now. Actually, lounge access is not an issue because I couldnt cancel my magnus card before the renewal charges have been fined. Thats a sad thing though.

saiki9247

KF Ace
It is 60K points worth roughly 14K INR. You mentioned you wanted a card with unlimited lounge access? This one has it, you don't even need a priority pass. Also, yes, you can book flights, transfer to different partners, book hotels etc. with the reward points. The base reward rate is also good at 36 points/200rs for online spends. I haven't used ICICI cards except for the amazon pay one, so can't really comment.
Also I got your point about the hotel and flight redemptions for Marquee. Is there detailed info available on the internet in terms of what hotel and airline partners are available for that. Somehow I couldnt find it

wcgxlr8

KF Mentor
It was 60k points before.. it is 40k points now. Actually, lounge access is not an issue because I couldnt cancel my magnus card before the renewal charges have been fined. Thats a sad thing though.
I got this card recently and I got 60K bonus points irrespective of it written 40K at the time of application. You can transfer your points as miles to Vistara or Intermiles. For hotels, there are no memberships available but you can book any hotels (including 5*) using their rewards portal. The best part of this card is the base reward rate and the unlimited lounge access. I use my platinum card wherever this isn't accepted and hence haven't had the need to use priority pass (I have PP with SBI elite, HDFC regalia and Amex Plat Travel)1722697273303.png

Karunakara

KF Mentor

If you are looking for welcome Benefit. AIR INDIA signature is the one which gives 20000 air miles as welcome Benefit. Much more than joining fee

saiki9247

KF Ace
I got this card recently and I got 60K bonus points irrespective of it written 40K at the time of application. You can transfer your points as miles to Vistara or Intermiles. For hotels, there are no memberships available but you can book any hotels (including 5*) using their rewards portal. The best part of this card is the base reward rate and the unlimited lounge access. I use my platinum card wherever this isn't accepted and hence haven't had the need to use priority pass (I have PP with SBI elite, HDFC regalia and Amex Plat Travel)View attachment 1387
Do u have 60k points credited in ur account already? or Are you expecting it to happen based on the picture you have sent? I still doubt if it could be a temporary glitch and it might really be 40k only

Neeraj920

KF Expert
Hi All,

What do you think about Axis Olympus credit card? Is it worth to pay 23000 INR approx? I have almost 2.5 lakh INR international transaction? I am also searching premium card and unable to get DCB black or Infinia. I have not tried yet Yes bank Marquee card. I am getting preapproved offer for ICICI Emerald plastic card which I don't see much worth.

Please advise.

saiki9247

KF Ace
Hi All,

What do you think about Axis Olympus credit card? Is it worth to pay 23000 INR approx? I have almost 2.5 lakh INR international transaction? I am also searching premium card and unable to get DCB black or Infinia. I have not tried yet Yes bank Marquee card. I am getting preapproved offer for ICICI Emerald plastic card which I don't see much worth.

Please advise.
I think it is worth it. The opening benefits are of value 20k. There are good lifestyle benefits along with decent reward structure but the minus is its axis bank(They can devalue everything overhight) and there is no info abt fee waiver criteria.

Most important thing is, if u pair this card with Axis Atlas Card, Afaik the rewards would get doubled. Atlas gives 2 Edge miles for 100 Rs(5 miles for hotel and flight spends) and 1 Edge mile gives 1:2 conversion for any travel or hotel partner. Olympus gives 1:4 conversion for edge miles. So my understanding is spend on atlas on mostly everything and if there is Olympus with you, the conversion ratio should be 1:4 for Edge miles coming from any card

saiki9247

KF Ace
Hi All,

Please advise.
Also, Olympus is not available for normal customers as of now. Its only for citi bank people. I spoke to the customer care executive recently abt this and he told it might be available for axis customers only by the end of the year or later

Neeraj920

KF Expert
Also, Olympus is not available for normal customers as of now. Its only for citi bank people. I spoke to the customer care executive recently abt this and he told it might be available for axis customers only by the end of the year or later
True. I had contacted the customer support and they were also saying that there is no upgrade offer for Olympus card. I thought there are not willing to give me only. They were offering me Reserve card which has too much annual charges.

Neeraj920

KF Expert
Hi,

Please let us know when they start issuing Olympus card to new customers. I want to try that card as I am unable to find get other premium cards like Infinia or DCB.

saiki9247

KF Ace
Hi,

Please let us know when they start issuing Olympus card to new customers. I want to try that card as I am unable to find get other premium cards like Infinia or DCB.
It won’t start till the end of this year if I am not wrong but if its getting tough to secure a DCB, it might get tough to secure an olympus too as it would have tougher eligibiliy criteria