Tips for getting a 3rd sbi credit card (sbi star bazaar)?

oli.ferns

KF Rookie
Hi Team,
Firstly big thanks to mam for her youtube videos, big fan as she is one of the few youtubers to discuss Indian credit cards. I hope she continues to make youtube videos even if its one a month.

I was interested in a star bazaar sbi credit card which gives 5% cashback on every purchase at tata star bazaar. However, my application got rejected (and they send me a message about this after 3-4 months of application). I have a good cibil (750+) and around 10+ credit cards (including 2 sbi , simply click and fbb which got converted to simply save.

I was told to close one of these cards as sbi may have a limit of 2 cards per person by their sales person at star bazaar (I don't mind closing any one that is less beneficial but needed the right information, just don't want to close because the sales guy said it and he could have been wrong about the same)

I tried applying for the star bazaar card through my wife as well but they haven't got back to her yet. I tried checking with the sales guy again and he said that the card was approved on her name but did not have any tracking number which we could use to track the application from sbicard web (its been 4 months since she had applied), her income is slightly less but the star bazaar card does not have high requirements. All of the docs were submitted, the guy came for kyc home and did a fingerprint authentication with adhaar for a supplimentary card on my name for my wife's account. I thought at that point, it might go through but it did not.

Whats worse is that sometimes I feel these credit card sales people at star bazaar (or previously even at big bazaar) might be selling our contact information for more people to spam call for other bank credit cards, even truecaller premium doesn't automatically reject such calls.

Experts, please help with some tips. I do have a lot of no cost emis running because of the current sale and I hope that they do not affect my ability to get this card.

Gigachad

KF Mentor
Hi Team,
Firstly big thanks to mam for her youtube videos, big fan as she is one of the few youtubers to discuss Indian credit cards. I hope she continues to make youtube videos even if its one a month.

I was interested in a star bazaar sbi credit card which gives 5% cashback on every purchase at tata star bazaar. However, my application got rejected (and they send me a message about this after 3-4 months of application). I have a good cibil (750+) and around 10+ credit cards (including 2 sbi , simply click and fbb which got converted to simply save.

I was told to close one of these cards as sbi may have a limit of 2 cards per person by their sales person at star bazaar (I don't mind closing any one that is less beneficial but needed the right information, just don't want to close because the sales guy said it and he could have been wrong about the same)

I tried applying for the star bazaar card through my wife as well but they haven't got back to her yet. I tried checking with the sales guy again and he said that the card was approved on her name but did not have any tracking number which we could use to track the application from sbicard web (its been 4 months since she had applied), her income is slightly less but the star bazaar card does not have high requirements. All of the docs were submitted, the guy came for kyc home and did a fingerprint authentication with adhaar for a supplimentary card on my name for my wife's account. I thought at that point, it might go through but it did not.

Whats worse is that sometimes I feel these credit card sales people at star bazaar (or previously even at big bazaar) might be selling our contact information for more people to spam call for other bank credit cards, even truecaller premium doesn't automatically reject such calls.

Experts, please help with some tips. I do have a lot of no cost emis running because of the current sale and I hope that they do not affect my ability to get this card.
Maybe close one of cc & then apply..
I never heard of this card though