Top 5 Stock Brokers in India 2023

finance.geek

KF Expert
A stock broker is a professional who facilitates the buying and selling of securities on behalf of their clients. They act as intermediaries between buyers and sellers in the financial market. A stock broker is licensed and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). They work for brokerage firms, and their job is to help clients buy or sell stocks, bonds, and other financial instruments.

In this article, I will include a List of top 5 Brokers that are popular among investors.

1. Zerodha

Account Opening Charge- ₹ 300
Account Maintenance Charge- ₹ 300
Equity Delivery Brokerage- Zero
Equity Intraday Brokerage- 0.03%

2. Groww

Account Opening Charge- Free
Account Maintenance Charge- Free
Equity Delivery Brokerage- 0.05%
Equity Intraday Brokerage- 0.05%

3. Angel One

4. Upstox

5. ICICI Direct

India's stockbroking industry is highly competitive, with several major players vying for market share. Each brokerage firm has its strengths and weaknesses and caters to a specific customer base. Ultimately, the choice of a stockbroker depends on the individual's investment goals, trading patterns, and knowledge of the market.

Last edited by a moderator:

finance.geek

KF Expert
First of all i would like to tell you that zerodha another product which named coin is used for the mutual funds and grow was intially lauched with only mutual fund app after some time they switched into Discount stock broker and now have look whether it is free or not. So in the stock market nothing is free we have to pay the processing fee and another some kind of small fee on the profits even buying is free but the large scale portfolio manager charges their fees.
for Minimum fees i would like to suggest you to buy Direct one Over the Regular.
Lowest handelling fees is charged by NAVI which is founded by Ex Flipkart Member .

First of all i would like to tell you that zerodha another product which named coin is used for the mutual funds and grow was intially lauched with only mutual fund app after some time they switched into Discount stock broker and now have look whether it is free or not. So in the stock market nothing is free we have to pay the processing fee and another some kind of small fee on the profits even buying is free but the large scale portfolio manager charges their fees.
for Minimum fees i would like to suggest you to buy Direct one Over the Regular.
Lowest handelling fees is charged by NAVI which is founded by Ex Flipkart Member .
but navi has been sold by sachin bansal to Svatantra Microfin

amitsaini

KF Ace
Top 5 is a very broad term but if you know your use case it is easy to figure out. Taking my use as an example
1. No trading
2. No options, derivative, currency and commodities.
3. Only investing in cash market, ipo, etf.
4. Easy fund transfer via UPI.
5. Less expensive.
6. For mutual fund I don't suggest anyone to keep it in demat it will add additional cost. For that I use separate platform like KUVERA (referral: 3W2QA)

Based on above requirements I find DHAN broker really works for me. I have also used UPSTOX. But DHAN (referral: RMZPH19315) platform is much better.

DHAN is very low cost broker as compare to any other broker.
0 amc, account opening, delivery charges.
And lot of features.
Again as i mentioned it suits my need of investing. Someone's might be very different like heavy trading.

Bhuvan Kotian

KF Rookie
A stock broker is a professional who facilitates the buying and selling of securities on behalf of their clients. They act as intermediaries between buyers and sellers in the financial market. A stock broker is licensed and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). They work for brokerage firms, and their job is to help clients buy or sell stocks, bonds, and other financial instruments.

In this article, I will include a List of top 5 Brokers that are popular among investors.

1. Zerodha

Account Opening Charge- ₹ 300
Account Maintenance Charge- ₹ 300
Equity Delivery Brokerage- Zero
Equity Intraday Brokerage- 0.03%

2. Groww

Account Opening Charge- Free
Account Maintenance Charge- Free
Equity Delivery Brokerage- 0.05%
Equity Intraday Brokerage- 0.05%

3. Angel One

4. Upstox

5. ICICI Direct

India's stockbroking industry is highly competitive, with several major players vying for market share. Each brokerage firm has its strengths and weaknesses and caters to a specific customer base. Ultimately, the choice of a stockbroker depends on the individual's investment goals, trading patterns, and knowledge of the market.
How much does groww charge in intraday trading??

yashvb

KF Rookie
View attachment 77
This chart might help to compare costs charges by different stock trading platforms in India
Not sure about others but groww doesn't provide 0 delivery. They charge Rs. 20 or 0.05% whichever is lower for sale and purchase both. And in the above chart, also please note DP charges while applying, this is when you sell a scrip. Ranges from approx Rs.13.5 to Rs 20 per scrip.