Upgrade from HDFC rupay UPI card

AVN

KF Ace
Dear Members,

Need your valuable inputs on the below query.
I have a Swiggy HDFC card(4 months old) and HDFC UPI rupay card(2 months old).
In the coming few months, I'm hoping to upgrade my UPI rupay card to Regalia gold. My queries below.

1. Does HDFC consider UPI card as one of their core cards, and hence is there a better chance to upgrade to Regalia gold.
2. Will it be better if I give a fresh application for Regalia (after 6 months) than depend on upgrade?
3. I heard HDFC does not entertain customer requests for more than 2 credit cards (not sure how true this is).
4. I do not have banking relationship with HDFC, but I have the option of having a preferred account since one of my family members already have a preferred account relationship. Will this help?

Kindly share your views, what is the best way to get this card.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Dear Members,

Need your valuable inputs on the below query.
I have a Swiggy HDFC card(4 months old) and HDFC UPI rupay card(2 months old).
In the coming few months, I'm hoping to upgrade my UPI rupay card to Regalia gold. My queries below.

1. Does HDFC consider UPI card as one of their core cards, and hence is there a better chance to upgrade to Regalia gold.
2. Will it be better if I give a fresh application for Regalia (after 6 months) than depend on upgrade?
3. I heard HDFC does not entertain customer requests for more than 2 credit cards (not sure how true this is).
4. I do not have banking relationship with HDFC, but I have the option of having a preferred account since one of my family members already have a preferred account relationship. Will this help?

Kindly share your views, what is the best way to get this card.
  1. Nope
  2. Nope, Premium CC like Regalia are sanctioned on Pre-approved basis or through CC Upgrade offers as far as I know.
  3. Not Sure, but I know many people having multiple HDFC CCs (mostly 1 core & 2-3 non core/Co-Branded CCs)
  4. Yupp, It will surely increase your chances
Best way to get Pre-approved/Upgrade offer of HDFC Regalia CC as per my knowledge are:
  • Upgrade to Imperia Banking or Preferred Banking.
  • Upgrade your account with MAB ₹25000 and maintain ₹200000+ Daily Average Balance.
Good Luck 👍

Reactions: AVN

Skylar

KF Master
HDFC UPI card kind of core but mostly issued as floater to exiting card users.
But chances of that card getting upgrade very slim.

Regalia gold eligibility

For Salaried Indian national
Net Monthly Income> Rs 1,00,000

For Self Employed Indian national
Income: ITR > Rs 12 Lakhs per annum

If you meet the above eligibility criteria then you can contact CS, and they'll guide, you.

Reactions: AVN

AVN

KF Ace
Thanks for the info.. Income criteria will not be an issue but should I wait for 6 months between my last HDFC card approval and new card request?