Upgrade Secured Credit into Unsecured Credit Card.

Mayur

KF Ace
Hey, I have 1 Secured Credit card but I want to how I can make them Unsecured I know it will take time but I want process how I will do this. I am Student and doesn't have any source of Income. Please If anyone know please guide me how I will do this.

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Hey, I have 1 Secured Credit card but I want to how I can make them Unsecured I know it will take time but I want process how I will do this. I am Student and doesn't have any source of Income. Please If anyone know please guide me how I will do this.

Mostly No bank will agree to your request. When you have a decent credit score, you can try to apply for an Unsecured Life Time Free Credit Card (Like Amazon ICICI). If you get accepted for that Card, you can shift all your transactions on that Card and then try to negotiate with the other Bank to make your Card Unsecured. If they don't agree you can close that Card - but please remember length of your Credit History has an important role to play in building your Credit Score. So unless your history with the new unsecured Card is not > 5 years, I wouldn't recommend closing your Secured Credit Card..

Hope it helps