Which card network to choose

I already have 2 Rupay credit cards.

1. HDFC IOCL
2. SBI SimplySave

Does getting another Rupay card make sense?

If at all I want to apply for HDFC Tata Neu or Amazon Pay ICICI card, which network should I choose? Visa or MasterCard or Rupay?

Note: All my debit cards are Visa based cards.

abhimarda

KF Mentor

1. HDFC IOCL
2. SBI SimplySave

If at all I want to apply for HDFC Tata Neu or Amazon Pay ICICI card, which network should I choose? Visa or MasterCard or Rupay?

Until and unless you are getting some specific benefit from a card which outweighs it's cost, there is no point keeping it. If you are getting a Rupay card with better reward structure and that can cover all your needs, then probably cancel one of them. If either of the existing card fulfils a specific purpose in best way then keep it.

Until and unless you are getting some specific benefit from a card which outweighs it's cost, there is no point keeping it. If you are getting a Rupay card with better reward structure and that can cover all your needs, then probably cancel one of them. If either of the existing card fulfils a specific purpose in best way then keep it.
Thanks for the suggestion. But I wanted to know if at all I'm getting the hdfc tata neu infinity as the third card. In that case, on which network should my third card be?

Skylar

KF Master
Thanks for the suggestion. But I wanted to know if at all I'm getting the hdfc tata neu infinity as the third card. In that case, on which network should my third card be?
While this card may offer higher returns compared to your other cards, it requires the use of the Tata Neu app for UPI payments, which is known to have performance issues and opens very slowly. If you are comfortable with its interface, earning 1.5% on UPI spends with RuPay could be advantageous.

Alternatively, you may opt for a VISA card, which supports Tap and Pay. You can add it to Google Pay or, if you are a Samsung user, to Samsung Wallet, allowing you to use it for NFC-enabled Tap and Pay transactions directly from your phone.

I'll be using this card (Neu infinity) only for insurance payments and utilities.

I use the sbi card for groceries and departmental stores' transactions. And HDFC for fuel.

So adding a visa network card would make sense in my case right or would you still suggest to go with a rupay card?

zacobite

KF Mentor

1. HDFC IOCL
2. SBI SimplySave

One Rupay One MC One Visa is a good start.. Too many Rupay is wasted as offers are generally similar and small..

shrewdoc

KF Rookie
I'll be using this card (Neu infinity) only for insurance payments and utilities.

I use the sbi card for groceries and departmental stores' transactions. And HDFC for fuel.

So adding a visa network card would make sense in my case right or would you still suggest to go with a rupay card?
In that case, get the VISA variant for Tata Neu Infinity and get a complimentary Times Prime Membership 1Yr offer from VISA.

If at all I want to apply for Amazon Pay ICICI card, which network should I choose? Visa or MasterCard or Rupay?
APay ICICI is available only on VISA for now.