Which FD-based credit card is best. One card vs Magnet Gild vs IDFC First Wow vs Credilio vs Kotak 811(currently banned so out of question).

the_mokap

KF Rookie
I am a 19.5 yrs old student and I have a credit history since 4 months from 2 unsecured loans by Slice Borrow and Mobikwik. My credit score keeps shifting within 750-800. I do not have any current fixed source of income however I do work as a delivery agent in Swiggy, so I earn money whenever I need it.

I wanted to finally get a credit card. Which FD based credit card out of these is best for me to start with for now, later I may get more than one as well. Thanks!

Skylar

KF Master
I am a 19.5 yrs old student and I have a credit history since 4 months from 2 unsecured loans by Slice Borrow and Mobikwik. My credit score keeps shifting within 750-800. I do not have any current fixed source of income however I do work as a delivery agent in Swiggy, so I earn money whenever I need it.

I wanted to finally get a credit card. Which FD based credit card out of these is best for me to start with for now, later I may get more than one as well. Thanks!
How much you'll be able to do FD?

without a doubt you should go with OneCard
Flipkart GV - 3%
Amazon GV - 3%
Myntra GV -3% to 5%
Swiggy/Zomato - 3% to 5%

They have GV (gift vouchers) of most leading sites.

Offline stores - 10% to 30%

People be like it has reward rate of 0.10% so not worth it, but people just don't know how to use it. I have 11 credit cards but OneCard gave me more returns than any other card.

the_mokap

KF Rookie

Flipkart GV - 3%
Amazon GV - 3%
Myntra GV -3% to 5%
Swiggy/Zomato - 3% to 5%

People be like it has reward rate of 0.10% so not worth it, but people just don't know how to use it. I have 11 credit cards but OneCard gave me more returns than any other card.
I can make a minimum FD of 5k if required.

And yes, thankyou for addressing the point, I did go through a lot of yt videos and some pointed out the same problem which was again influencing my decision. Can you please elaborately state all the actual benefits which you have enjoyed from your experience. Because other people might say a ton of things just to promote the product.

hitirfan

KF Mentor

Flipkart GV - 3%
Amazon GV - 3%
Myntra GV -3% to 5%
Swiggy/Zomato - 3% to 5%

OneCard doesn't issue cards nowadays. Stop suggesting that for now.

hitirfan

KF Mentor
Any specific reason why they stopped giving onecard?
In March 2024, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) directed some banks to stop issuing new co-branded credit cards with OneCard, including Federal Bank and South Indian Bank. The RBI's regulations state that only credit-card issuers can access customer data, not their co-brand partners. However, OneCard indirectly accessed customer data through the credit-card software stack used by the banks. OneCard's CEO, Anurag Sinha, said that OneCard is working with the banks to reinstate co-branded card services.

In March 2024, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) directed some banks to stop issuing new co-branded credit cards with OneCard, including Federal Bank and South Indian Bank. The RBI's regulations state that only credit-card issuers can access customer data, not their co-brand partners. However, OneCard indirectly accessed customer data through the credit-card software stack used by the banks. OneCard's CEO, Anurag Sinha, said that OneCard is working with the banks to reinstate co-branded card services.
Oh ok.