Why is there a big difference in CIBIL vs CRIF score?

Just wondering why is there such a big difference in my CIBIL and CRIF scrore?
My CIBIL score is 796 where as CRIF is 825
Is this how they work? Which one is more accurate or my credit worthiness?

Both of these use different scales to measure, and each value matters the same. It's like comparing the temperature measured in Celsius versus the temperature measured in Fahrenheit.

rarerabit

KF Rookie
Both of these use different scales to measure, and each value matters the same. It's like comparing the temperature measured in Celsius versus the temperature measured in Fahrenheit.
Celsius vs Fahrenheit is a bad example, because their ranges are not same. Different credit agencies give different weightage points to the attributes like credit history, credit enquiries etc hence the difference.

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Both CRIF and CIBIL have a different formula for calculating Credit Score. The major difference is in the weightage of different parameters

CRIF usually gives more weightage to the length of credit history and credit type. While CIBIL gives higher weightage to recent credit activity and credit inquiries. This is why CIBIL Score is generally accepted as more recent and reliable representation of our CREDIT Score.

Both CRIF and CIBIL have a different formula for calculating Credit Score. The major difference is in the weightage of different parameters

CRIF usually gives more weightage to the length of credit history and credit type. While CIBIL gives higher weightage to recent credit activity and credit inquiries. This is why CIBIL Score is generally accepted as more recent and reliable representation of our CREDIT Score.
Wow!! That’s really a deep insight. Thanks bro!

Skylar

KF Mentor
I had 4 new enquires and 4 new cards updated in reports in last 4 months

- Cibil dropped by only 4 points
- whereas Experia and CRIF dropped by 30 and 35 points each respectively.

Out of 4 enquires on CIBIL
only two of them also happened on Experia but 4 cards got reported.
In the case of CRIF no enquiries, only 4 cards were reported.

zacobite

KF Mentor
I had 4 new enquires and 4 new cards updated in reports in last 4 months

- Cibil dropped by only 4 points
- whereas Experia and CRIF dropped by 30 and 35 points each respectively.

Out of 4 enquires on CIBIL
only two of them also happened on Experia but 4 cards got reported.
In the case of CRIF no enquiries, only 4 cards were reported.
enquiry is on the same buearau.. cards are on all.. CIBIL is a more stable score.. CRIF, Experian are usually higher than cibil and more variation prone.. 4 enquiry and 4 cards will slowly show impact in next 2-3 months both +ve ( higher credit, possible lower utilization ) and -ve ( higher leverage).. Wait and Watch

Skylar

KF Mentor
4 enquiry and 4 cards will slowly show impact in next 2-3 months both +ve ( higher credit, possible lower utilization ) and -ve ( higher leverage).. Wait and Watch
Nothing to worry about, I have an active CIBIL subscription which i refresh daily and have been observing for 8 months now.

Evey enquiry drops by a point and every new card drops by a point and every month for low utilization ratio and timely payment gets me a point so they are balanced. No drip as all the cards got reported.
Its not old days that could take 90 to 120 days as per new RBI rules reports gets updates with in 30 days of bank reporting it to bureau so max time for updates if 30 to 45 days now.