Will i get incometax notice ?

sandeepx0

KF Rookie
I received 2 Lakhs in a single transaction on my current account, will i get incometax notice? (I don't have a proper reason for this transaction)

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
If you come under the taxable range, then if you didn't declare this amount while filing your income tax, you might.
  • Any amount received as a gift of more than Rs. 50k in a year will be charged for tax.
  • If you have received this much amount in marriage, then you will not be charged for tax.

Last edited:

T€ja

KF Ace
If you come under the taxable range, then if you didn't declare this amount while filing your income tax, you might.
  • Any amount received as a gift of more than Rs. 50k in a year will be charged for tax.
  • If you have received this much amount in marriage, then you will not be charged for tax.
I recently sent my sister to UK, my dad used to send always money to my account by phonepe (where we don't explain the cause of the transaction), as I use to make the on-line transctions on flywire, I've sent till now more than 5 lakh in this semester to her college,

I don't have any income source sir, I'm still In job searching process, do I have to pay any income tax

And is this a bad habit like sending money to someones account in your family with better knowledge on online payments everytime, does it increase his tax liability sir