Would you take Regular Mutual Funds and pay a commission if expected returns are above 15%?

sunny16bansal

KF Rookie
Most of the time, we hear from Fintech influencers to buy direct plans of mutual funds, and most of us do so by following them. But we miss the expertise to buy the right mutual fund and rebalance your portfolio. So, if we consider buying the regular mutual fund to get the expertise to buy the right ones and rebalance it annually, on top of it, expected returns between 16-18% for a long-term portfolio of 7-10 years, would you consider buying it? Yes or no with your reason.

Gigachad

KF Mentor
Most of the time, we hear from Fintech influencers to buy direct plans of mutual funds, and most of us do so by following them. But we miss the expertise to buy the right mutual fund and rebalance your portfolio. So, if we consider buying the regular mutual fund to get the expertise to buy the right ones and rebalance it annually, on top of it, expected returns between 16-18% for a long-term portfolio of 7-10 years, would you consider buying it? Yes or no with your reason.
You can get 18% cagr with direct fund..

Hema Kulkarni

KF Mentor
While your premises is correct, Regular Funds should come along with the built in expertise to help us navigate this tough market and help us make better returns. But till date I haven't been able to find one such Agent/ Investment Advisor who have helped me do this. 90% of the Agents out there care only for their commission, therefore I think investing in Direct Funds in the funds recommended by 'Finance Influencers' is Safer Bet.

Would love to know your rationale behind investing in Regular Funds?

SanthoshSomu

KF Expert
I started investing through an adviser in regular mutual funds in the last 4 months, let's see how the returns will work in the future.