Yes bank Rupay credit card charges unwanted charges

Yes Bank is deducting money, along with GST, from my "Rupay Credit Card" for transactions I haven't made, specifically wallet-related transactions.

I have spoken to customer care multiple times regarding this, but they do not provide a valid explanation. Whenever I request proof via email, they avoid my question and tell me, "If you want proof via email, please send an email with the details and they will respond."

One of the representatives called me and said, "It's just a small amount, why make a big deal out of it?"

This has happened 2-3 times now, and I have proof of all the deductions.

What should I do next? Is there any solutions?

zacobite

KF Mentor
Yes Bank is deducting money, along with GST, from my "Rupay Credit Card" for transactions I haven't made, specifically wallet-related transactions.

I have spoken to customer care multiple times regarding this, but they do not provide a valid explanation. Whenever I request proof via email, they avoid my question and tell me, "If you want proof via email, please send an email with the details and they will respond."

One of the representatives called me and said, "It's just a small amount, why make a big deal out of it?"

This has happened 2-3 times now, and I have proof of all the deductions.

What should I do next? Is there any solutions?
transactions you haven't made? Raise a DISPUTE on email....

bipin174

KF Rookie
Ok. Let me share my experience...
Banks can't charge a single paisa without any valid reason. They must have appropriate t&c (which was accepted by the user or customer before using their services) to do so. As we most of the time accepts their t&c without reading. Also we tick out the check box that I read & understand all the t&c.
Before issuing a credit card, every bank sends a link which is a pdf of MITC (Most important terms & conditions). In that file, every details are mentioned. We always ignores. I am attaching a pdf for reference. Particular NOT for this case...
Out of 2 charges, Rs 0.2 is the 18% of Rs 1.1(Approx 0.198) as 0.5 above count as 1 so 0.198 is count as 0.2.
As banks levis charge of GST@18% on every charges (not upon transaction amount) or intrest amount.
If a product purchased @10kfor 6month of NO COST EMI.Bank does not charge intrest of 750@15% of 10k, but levis a charge of 135/- ( Gst@18%of750).
Another charge of Rs 1.1 which was shows as wallet transaction & simply wallet transaction attracts a charge, this also mentioned in screenshot.
If you paid the amount of 10/- from your wallet like PhonePe & that time may be the wallet has insufficient balance & you add the money to wallet first & then the transaction has done. That's why the charge may be...
Now the 10 rupees of wallet transaction you have made is not clearly mentioned in screenshot, So you have to find out particularly how & where u made this transaction. Else u can share the same if any other can share his knowledge or experience with you. Which will help others also.
Thank you.

Attachments

• HDFC Credit Card MITC Eng.pdf
    455.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Banks can't charge a single paisa without any valid reason. They must have appropriate t&c (which was accepted by the user or customer before using their services) to do so. As we most of the time accepts their t&c without reading. Also we tick out the check box that I read & understand all the t&c.
Before issuing a credit card, every bank sends a link which is a pdf of MITC (Most important terms & conditions). In that file, every details are mentioned. We always ignores. I am attaching a pdf for reference. Particular NOT for this case...
Out of 2 charges, Rs 0.2 is the 18% of Rs 1.1(Approx 0.198) as 0.5 above count as 1 so 0.198 is count as 0.2.
As banks levis charge of GST@18% on every charges (not upon transaction amount) or intrest amount.
If a product purchased @10kfor 6month of NO COST EMI.Bank does not charge intrest of 750@15% of 10k, but levis a charge of 135/- ( Gst@18%of750).
Another charge of Rs 1.1 which was shows as wallet transaction & simply wallet transaction attracts a charge, this also mentioned in screenshot.
If you paid the amount of 10/- from your wallet like PhonePe & that time may be the wallet has insufficient balance & you add the money to wallet first & then the transaction has done. That's why the charge may be...
Now the 10 rupees of wallet transaction you have made is not clearly mentioned in screenshot, So you have to find out particularly how & where u made this transaction. Else u can share the same if any other can share his knowledge or experience with you. Which will help others also.
Thank you.

Thank you.
Thank you for your response. I understand that transferring money from a credit card to a wallet is chargeable. However, I have not made any transactions related to a wallet, nor have I conducted any transactions that would incur such charges.

You are correct, but I have only made payments using merchant QR codes. I am also aware that if a transaction exceeds ₹2000, it is the merchant who bears the charges, not me.

I received an email from Yes Bank, where they stated that the transactions I made are calculated as "MMC wallet" transactions. However, I make transactions with that QR code daily, and I have never been charged before. So why this time? I feel this email was sent just to provide a response to my query.

How can I find out if that QR code is connected to an MMC wallet?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240920-131629.png
    Screenshot_20240920-131629.png
    337.6 KB · Views: 10