Any idea about Bharat Griha Raksha Policy?

Manoj Kohli

KF Expert
Heard someone talking about taking an Insurance for their Home under Bharat Griha Raksha Policy? Any idea about this, is it good or bad?
Bharat Griha Raksha Policy is a standard home insurance policy offered by all general insurance companies in India.
  • Fire and explosion
  • Lightning
  • Storm, cyclone, typhoon, tempest, hurricane, tornado, tsunami, flood, and inundation
  • Earthquake
  • Subsidence, landslide, and rockslide
  • Bush fire, forest fire, and jungle fire
  • Impact damage
  • Missile testing operations
  • Riot, strike, and malicious damage
  • Bursting and overflowing of water tanks, apparatus, and pipes
  • Theft within 7 days from the occurrence of an insured event
You can also opt for additional covers, such as personal accident

also you will get these 2 benefits
  • Cover for Valuable Contents on Agreed Value Basis (under Home Contents Cover) : Valuable contents of Your Home such as jewellery, silverware, paintings, works of art etc. can be covered under this optional cover. A value of these contents may be agreed between You and Us on the basis of valuation certificate submitted by You and accepted by Us. If valuable contents are physically damaged by any insured event, We will pay the cost of repairing the item. If the valuable contents are a total loss We will pay Sum Insured for the item.
  • Personal Accident Cover: If the insured peril causing damage to Your Home Building and/or Contents also results in the death of either You or Your spouse, We will pay compensation of ₹ 5 Lakh per person.
adding the price of the premium although, the price of the National Bharat Griha Raksha Policy varies depending on a number of factors, including the sum insured, the type of property, the location of the property, and the age of the property.

Screenshot 2023-09-18 at 1.12.46 PM.png
to buy it , you can contact any insurance provider and read all the terms and condition before buying the policy

Samriddh Raj

KF Rookie
Seems like Mr. Anurag covered everything but few things i want to add is mentioned below:

  1. Prefer buying insurance policy from a private insurance company like Go digit, Chola MS, Tata AIG, Generali. My reccomendation is Chola MS.
  2. At time of renewal always increase the sum-insured by 6%-10%. Sum insured should be more or equal to value of your property insured at time of loss. If sum insured is 90% of value of property at time of loss. you will have 90% of loss assessed by surveyor appointed by insurance company.
  3. If you want avoid hassle of having adequate sum insured just buy a insurance policy through a renowned broker company like Go Insure, Unison or Alliance. My recommendation is Go Insure.
  4. If u just want a sense of financial security and you dont care about under-insurance deduction. You can renew your policy on same sum-insured.
  5. Always have a soft copy of invoices of all properties insured under policy.
Have a great Day
Samriddh Raj