Best app/way to pay credit card bills

abhimarda

KF Mentor
750/month
These days the payment is showing as rental payment and hence no reward points if you are paying from HDFC Billpay hence pay using Jiofinance or SBI Unipay...In any case most of the large issuers are available in BBPS now, the payments are getting settled instantly.

whiteknight

KF Rookie
I've heard that CRED sometime causes failure. I've heard from one colleague about one of his 15/20K payment getting stuck on CRED. Anyone had the same experience ?

Nafees

KF Ace
I've heard that CRED sometime causes failure. I've heard from one colleague about one of his 15/20K payment getting stuck on CRED. Anyone had the same experience ?
Never happened for me in case of CRED. In fact the payments are super fast if you use CRED.

sam16

KF Rookie
I probably made payments for 15 cards or so.....multiple times for few cards...exact 5000 bill most of the times..to maximize my cashback....its not always necessary to have high amount of bill to get cashback....like if you have SBI card and have only exactly 5k bill...pay that using FULLPAY...and then use Repeat option few more times and get cashback....your credit card will be in a credit position...request SBI card to transfer the credit amount to your bank account...I have done that also few months back

@abhimarda What if we pay bill of a card multiple times where we don't have an account, does that get credited back to another bank account. Eg: I have IndusInd card but no Savings Account there, would they transfer the amount to some other bank ?

Also, 15 cards nice. Which all do you own? Have you posted in Flash your cards thread ?

abhimarda

KF Mentor
@abhimarda What if we pay bill of a card multiple times where we don't have an account, does that get credited back to another bank account. Eg: I have IndusInd card but no Savings Account there, would they transfer the amount to some other bank ?

Also, 15 cards nice. Which all do you own? Have you posted in Flash your cards thread ?
It should still work but the process may just become longer and not all banks have this facility available on app. One may need to call customer care and get info. SBI however has that on app. This is RBI guideline now.

Well, I think I have 29 cards rather than 15. I had made payment on 15 cards which I had used in that month. I really have to search all to list them down though most of them I got as LTF some of which otherwise paid cards. Probably easier way to list for me is which bank cards I don't have which are widely held... That would be Kotak, Federal, Citi, Amex. I have these cards to get benefit of offers is sale primarily and I normally use SBI Cashback card for most of my expenses which are online.

Nafees

KF Ace
It should still work but the process may just become longer and not all banks have this facility available on app. One may need to call customer care and get info. SBI however has that on app. This is RBI guideline now.

Well, I think I have 29 cards rather than 15. I had made payment on 15 cards which I had used in that month. I really have to search all to list them down though most of them I got as LTF some of which otherwise paid cards. Probably easier way to list for me is which bank cards I don't have which are widely held... That would be Kotak, Federal, Citi, Amex. I have these cards to get benefit of offers is sale primarily and I normally use SBI Cashback card for most of my expenses which are online.
29 credit cards? 😯 Bro, what is your CIBIL score? Does this affect the CIBIL in any manner? Will lots of credit cards lower the possibility of getting any loans in future?

sam16

KF Rookie

Bro I'm with you. I also have cards of multiple banks mostly for offers during sales.

I would love to know which 29 now bro. I'm more curious now. I also have around 16. Lemme share mine with you as well.

Also 1 more question, did you get any SBI card LTF? If yes how?

Also, do you've multiple AU cards?

abhimarda

KF Mentor
29 credit cards? 😯 Bro, what is your CIBIL score? Does this affect the CIBIL in any manner? Will lots of credit cards lower the possibility of getting any loans in future?
The score is 786 currently. I have never applied for any loan however I have multiple bank accounts as well and I get pre approved offers for all kind of loans from all of them hence I would assume it should not be an issue.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Bro I'm with you. I also have cards of multiple banks mostly for offers during sales.

I would love to know which 29 now bro. I'm more curious now. I also have around 16. Lemme share mine with you as well.

Also 1 more question, did you get any SBI card LTF? If yes how?

Also, do you've multiple AU cards?
I have multiple cards of few banks like 7 from ICICI, 3 from Axis, SBI and IndusInd each. And then 2 cards from few banks and single from some as well. Probably one of the reasons is that I am using credit cards for almost 17 years now hence over a period of time I have got multiple cards.

I do have 2 SBI LTF cards but by that way not many people can get it LTF. I used to work for SBI some 12 years back and I had got SBI Prime LTF and in that basis recently I got SimplySave Rupay LTF. Similarly, in one of my previous jobs, salary account was HDFC Bank and got Regalia LTF. SBI Cashback is not LTF however I easily cross the 2 lakhs per year milestone so haven't paid anything on it either.

I have AU LIT but to my understanding AU does not give second card. At some places I read they give Rupay card as second card but I am not sure if that and atleast I could not find any way to apply online for that.