Best Rupay Credit Card in India?

Hema Kulkarni

KF Mentor
Hi, which is the Best Rupay Credit Card in India? I'm ok with a paying annual fees if the the credit card offers excellent benefits

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Best Rupay Credit Cards in 2024

Rupay Credit Cards come in three variants - Classic, Platinum, and Select.Classic is the base category, Platinum is the medium category, and Select is the premium category.

I have evaluated all Rupay Credit cards based on 5 parameters - Cost, Rewards and Benefits, Ease of Usage, How Easy it is to Redeem Rewards, and Extra Features like Welcome Benefits, Fuel Surcharge, etc.

After analyzing these parameters, I’ve found 3 good cards, one from each category.

Let's start with the Classic Category. In this category, I would recommend the Bank of Baroda Easy Credit Card.

The best part about this card is that it's a lifetime free credit card. But this offer is only available for a limited time, after which an annual fee of ₹500 will apply.

This card offers a reward rate of 1% on groceries and department store expenses, which is averageish. Additionally, you get a 1% fuel surcharge waiver up to ₹250 per month.

To be eligible for this card, you should have a minimum annual salary of ₹3 lakhs and a CIBIL Score of 700+.

Honestly, this is a low-maintenance card. If your objective is to have a Rupay Credit Card for offers, then this card is your best choice.

Next, let's move to the Platinum category. In this category, my recommendation would be Rupay Variant of Kotak Myntra Credit Card. This card is decent if love shopping on Myntra.

Kotak Myntra Credit Card has an annual fee of Rs 500, but it can be waived if you spend Rs 2 lakh or more in a year.

Once you pay the joining fee of Rs. 500, You get a Rs 500 voucher for your first purchase and a 7.5% discount (up to Rs 750) on all Myntra transactions. Plus, you get access to the Myntra Insider program.

You also earn a 5% cashback on Swiggy, Cleartrip, Urban Company, and PVR (up to Rs 1,000 per month). For other spending, you get 1.25% cashback, except for rent, recharges, fuel, and EMIs.If you spend Rs 50,000 every quarter, you can get two PVR movie tickets each quarter.

But before taking this card, please remember that fee waiver for renewal might require significant spending, so think about your spending habits before getting it.

In the Select category (most premium category in Rupay Cards), my recommendation would be Tata Neu HDFC Credit Card.

There are two variants of this card - Tata Neu Plus and Tata Neu Infinity. Tata Neu Plus offers a reward rate of 1-2% and has an annual fee of ₹500. Tata Neu Infinity offers a reward rate of 1.5-5% and has an annual fee of ₹1500. However, these reward rates are applicable when you shop from Tata Neu App or Tata Partner Brands. The maximum coins you can earn in one month are capped at 2000.

Tata Neu Plus provides one complimentary domestic lounge access every quarter, while Tata Neu Infinity offers 2 domestic and 1 international lounge access.

Both cards offer joining bonus Tata Neu Coins equivalent to the joining fees. If you spend ₹1 lakh in a year on Tata Neu Plus or ₹3 lakhs on Tata Neu Infinity, your renewal fees will be waived.

So, as you can see, while the Infinity Card is more expensive, it also offers more benefits. Depending on your usage, you can choose the appropriate card.