can i have 2 google pay account with different banks (same phone number)?

Vardan

KF Ace
i want to open my google pay account with my phone number but this ph no. was used by my mom.
she has a google pay account with this ph no can i make my own ?

talk2rik

KF Rookie
Got you, Vardan.

Before proceeding, you need to know that GPay needs to aunthenticate the application in your phone. The application needs to verify that the exact contact number by which the GPay Account is opened is present in the SIM tray of the phone. So, whenever you install GPay on a phone, it will ask you to select the SIM you want to access in the GPay Application, and after that, GPay will authenticate both the phone and the SIM accordingly by sending some SMSs from your phone.

So, it is clear that you cannot log in to the same account from 2 different devices at any cost.

But, as the GPay Application is installed on your mom's phone, you can add & use all of the bank accounts (having the same contact number only) within the application.

Resolution :
  • If you want to use the GPay Application on your phone, insert the particular SIM into your phone, then install GPay, authenticate both the phone & the SIM, and only then, you can have access to the application for proper use.
  • You don't need 2 different GPay Accounts for 2 different bank accounts. If both the bank accounts have the same contact number registered, both of the accounts can be added to the same GPay Account.
  • If your mom is using your contact number in her bank account (Single Account or 1st Account Holder in a Joint Account), you'll have to change the number in that account first to use the same in your bank account. Your mom will have a separate GPay Account with her Bank Account and you'll have your own.

raini

KF Ace
You can have multiple Google Pay accounts with different banks linked to the same phone number.

Karunakara

KF Mentor
i want to open my google pay account with my phone number but this ph no. was used by my mom.
she has a google pay account with this ph no can i make my own ?
You cannot have more than one Google Pay accounts with single mobile number. But you can link your multiple bank accounts to your one Google Pay account. You can also link your rupay cards to it

Prince

KF Mentor
Yes, you can have two difference Gpay Account, with same bank and linked to same contact number.
as the Gpay UPI Id is created by email account and not mobile number you can have multiple Gpay accounts, also you can login other person Gpay account if you have the credentials (Email ID and Password) for Gpay Account in your phone.