CIBIL score has plateaud

I have 2 credit cards - ICICI Amazon Pay (Limit 8.5L) & Axis ACE (Limit 1.5L). I also had a consumer loan that I paid off last week.

My CIBIL as per Google Pay is 784 and Experian is 883 as per Paytm.

My concern is that my credit score - all CIBIL, Experian & CRIF - have stayed the same for last 3-4 months. My on-time payment history is 100% and my credit utilisation has been less than 5% for a while.

Last week, HDFC rejected my application for Tata Neu Plus card (didn't even offer me Infinity despite 1L+ monthly income) without any proper reason.

What can I do to get the CIBIL score to 800+ ?

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
There are two things that I think you can do. First one is to lower the credit utilisation ratio while Second one is to avoid closing any of your old bank accounts. Also, the length of your credit history have an impact on it

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
I have 2 credit cards - ICICI Amazon Pay (Limit 8.5L) & Axis ACE (Limit 1.5L). I also had a consumer loan that I paid off last week.

My concern is that my credit score - all CIBIL, Experian & CRIF - have stayed the same for last 3-4 months. My on-time payment history is 100% and my credit utilisation has been less than 5% for a while.

Last week, HDFC rejected my application for Tata Neu Plus card (didn't even offer me Infinity despite 1L+ monthly income) without any proper reason.

One factor could be your Credit History. Ideally you need to have a Credit History of 5+ years

Skylar

KF Master

I don’t believe it’s related to your CIBIL score. I obtained my Tata Neu card in December without income proof, and my credit history spans is 4 years and 7 months, not yet reaching 5 years. However, I also have a 9-month-old HDFC core card. Considering this, I could have qualified for the Tata Neu Plus card. Therefore, I recommend applying for an HDFC core card on a card-to-card basis using your Amazon Pay ICICI Card. HDFC offers a lifetime free card in such cases, and with your credit limit of 8.5 lakhs, you may be eligible for a premium card with lifetime free benefits.

shashwat

KF Ace
Your CIBIL score is great! If you continue to maintain 780+, that's fantastic. Don't worry about it.

I would ask HDFC why your card application was rejected. It's probably due to some other reason, not your CIBIL score. Maybe PINCode of your current address or something stupid like that.