FI Debit card charges SCAM

Lucifer38

KF Rookie
When i created my Fi account, it was told that the debit card will be lifetime free.
My account is with them since the beginning but from last year they changed some account types and mentioned that the debit card will be chargeable. IS BANKS ALLOWED TO DO THIS? ALL OF A SUDDEN CHANGING POLICY TO EXTORT MONEY?
I had a conversation with the customer support, and they mentioned to me that as I'm already old customer, no AMC charges will be levied until i replace or debit card gets expired.
I was satisfied with the answer at that time.
But recently they debited the AMC charges for the debit card
WHAT IS THIS SCAM, WHEN THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT TOLD THAT NO CHARGES WILL BE LEVIED THEN HOW CAN THEY DEBIT THE CHARGES?
Can anyone help me with that? Is something possible which i can do to reverse it? Should complaining at Ombudsman will help?
PS. I tried calling and email to the Fi customer support, but the calls are not connecting, neither they address properly about the issue on emails. They just sends automated email reply. It's not just me alone, multiple customers have raised the request (source: Twitter) but they haven't provided any reliable response.
Please help bekifaaytati community!

Lucifer38

KF Rookie
No idea brother you may complaint to RBI and also I have salary account on fi and my card is free never changed
You might have opened Fi account recently, because in the beginning of Fi, there was no different types of account (salary, standard etc). They have introduced different account types last year only..
I'm really not sure what should i do in my case.
I was hoping the community will help me

saurabh.s

KF Ace
I had a conversation with the customer support, and they mentioned to me that as I'm already old customer, no AMC charges will be levied until i replace or debit card gets expired.
Do you have any confirmation or proof from them stating that the card will be free for you? Without proof, they could potentially deny your claim. As they've already notified everyone regarding the revision in charges.

Lucifer38

KF Rookie
Do you have any confirmation or proof from them stating that the card will be free for you? Without proof, they could potentially deny your claim. As they've already notified everyone regarding the revision in charges.
Yes i do have proof, i have that ticket number in which i had conversation with the customer support executive, but I can't take screenshot of the chat, as the app don't allow that. But they said that it will be free for me

Yes i do have proof, i have that ticket number in which i had conversation with the customer support executive, but I can't take screenshot of the chat, as the app don't allow that. But they said that it will be free for me
Ask someone else to take a photo of that chat from their phone.

Skylar

KF Mentor
When i created my Fi account, it was told that the debit card will be lifetime free.
My account is with them since the beginning but from last year they changed some account types and mentioned that the debit card will be chargeable. IS BANKS ALLOWED TO DO THIS? ALL OF A SUDDEN CHANGING POLICY TO EXTORT MONEY?
WHAT IS THIS SCAM, WHEN THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT TOLD THAT NO CHARGES WILL BE LEVIED THEN HOW CAN THEY DEBIT THE CHARGES?
Can anyone help me with that? Is something possible which i can do to reverse it? Should complaining at Ombudsman will help?
PS. I tried calling and email to the Fi customer support, but the calls are not connecting, neither they address properly about the issue on emails. They just sends automated email reply. It's not just me alone, multiple customers have raised the request (source: Twitter) but they haven't provided any reliable response.
This is the reason I stay away from these fintech companies.

Coming to your problem,

- it is mentioned on their site that virtual card is life time free (Virtual cards are usually LTF same with most banks)
- Costumer support do not have proper knowledge; things keep changing and they do not get updated mannual.

Have you checked this on their site?

Regarding Federal Bank Savings Account:

Level 1:

Telephone
080-47485490.
Email help@fi.care

Level 2:
Reach out to escalationsdesk@fi.care.

Level 3:
grievanceofficer@fi.care

Level 4:
Email: support@federalbank.co.in
Phone: 0484-2626366

Level 5:
Unsatisfied with your complaint's resolution?
Please get in touch with the Banking Ombudsman.

pmm

KF Rookie
LISTEN EVERYBODY I HAVE COMPLAINED BANKING OMBUDSMAN TODAY ABOUT FAKE PROMISING DEBIT CARD AND AMC CHARGES.

PLEASE EVERYBODY COMPLAIN INDIVIDUALLY WHICH WILL CREATE SOME IMPACT ABOUT SAME ISSUE WITH OMBUDSMAN

AND HOPE THEY MIGHT REFUND CHARGES.

PLEASE DONT BE SCARED AND JUST COMPLAIN RBI OMBUDSMAN NOW BE FAST.

IT TAKES ONLY 10 MINS.

Did you emailed to their nodal team ?
If not your RBI complaint will be disposed