FI Debit card charges SCAM

I first raised the complaint to fi in March then to RBI in April and got the resolution in July that bank will refund my debit card charges.
Here is the screenshot of the bank reply.
So any RBI officer call you for it? If yes, did you not demand for life time free card or free account closure?

Shubham

KF Ace
Rbi officer directed the bank to reverse the charges and the bank reversed it.

The bank then called me to inform that we are reversing the charges And yes, I asked the bank to make it lifetime free, but they told that we had never issued the card lifetime free in the initial phase itself. We had issued the card with zero annual charge at the time of opening the account and the bank can change the charges anytime, user have 2 options, either to accept the charges, or close the account.

Last edited:
Rbi officer directed the bank to reverse the charges and the bank reversed it.

The bank then called me to inform that we are reversing the charges And yes, I asked the bank to make it lifetime free, but they told that we had never issued the card lifetime free in the initial phase itself. We had issued the card with zero annual charge at the time of opening the account and the bank can change the charges anytime, user have 2 options, either to accept the charges, or close the account.
You can argue on it that closing the account is also chargeable. I guess so.