HDFC millennia card to Regalia LTF credit upgrade

SanthoshSomu

KF Expert
Today I got an email related to Regalia LTF.
I have attached the screenshot.
Have below question any one help.
1. If i upgrade then will they close my millennia credit card or do i need to maintain both?
2. If they close my millennia credit card what will happen to my reward points?
3. Is it worth upgrade?

I have below cards
1. Hdfc millennia
2. Axis my zone
3. Airtel axis
4. Icici platinum

As of now i am not doing any travel.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Today I got an email related to Regalia LTF.
I have attached the screenshot.
Have below question any one help.
1. If i upgrade then will they close my millennia credit card or do i need to maintain both?
2. If they close my millennia credit card what will happen to my reward points?
3. Is it worth upgrade?

I have below cards
1. Hdfc millennia
2. Axis my zone
3. Airtel axis
4. Icici platinum

As of now i am not doing any travel.

Pro Tip: Contact HDFC customer service via mail (priorityredressal.creditcards@hdfcbank.com) to maintain record of proofs for the information regarding the same for future reference.

Here are some generic answers you might find helpful:

1. If I Upgrade, Will They Close My Millennia Credit Card or Do I Need to Maintain Both?
- Generally, when you upgrade to a new card, the old card (Millennia) might be closed. However, you can request to keep both cards. It's best to confirm this with HDFC Bank directly.

2. If They Close My Millennia Credit Card, What Will Happen to My Reward Points?
- If your Millennia card is closed, your reward points should ideally be transferred to your new Regalia card. Again, confirm this with HDFC Bank to ensure you don't lose any points.

3.Is It Worth the Upgrade?
- Regalia Benefits: Regalia offers better reward points, higher credit limits, and additional perks like lounge access.
- Your Usage: Since you're not traveling much, the travel benefits might not be as useful right now. However, Regalia's reward points can be redeemed for a variety of things, not just travel.

Conclusion:
HDFC Millennia CC is a Great CC but if you value higher reward points and additional perks compared to your existing cards, upgrading to Regalia could be worth it. Just make sure to confirm the details about keeping both cards and transferring reward points with HDFC Bank.

Hope this helps! 🤗

(Source: Conversation with Gemini AI)

Skylar

KF Master
If i upgrade then will they close my millennia credit card or do i need to maintain both?
Card upgrade - Your old card is converted to a new card.
There will rewards transfer system you need to check that on their website or else redeem them before upgrade.

Skylar

KF Master
Is it worth upgrade?
Using the Regalia card through their Smart Buy portal is definitely worth it. If you’re particularly interested in the 5% cashback that Millinea offers on online purchases, you might want to keep that card. However, if your goal is to acquire premium cards from HDFC in the future, upgrading to Regalia would be a better choice.

Alternatively, if you have a lifetime free (LTF) offer for the Swiggy HDFC card, it also provides 5% cashback with direct statement settlement. In that case, you could skip Millinea altogether and directly upgrade to Regalia.

SanthoshSomu

KF Expert
Using the Regalia card through their Smart Buy portal is definitely worth it. If you’re particularly interested in the 5% cashback that Millinea offers on online purchases, you might want to keep that card. However, if your goal is to acquire premium cards from HDFC in the future, upgrading to Regalia would be a better choice.

Alternatively, if you have a lifetime free (LTF) offer for the Swiggy HDFC card, it also provides 5% cashback with direct statement settlement. In that case, you could skip Millinea altogether and directly upgrade to Regalia.
As of now i do not get any email related to LTF offer for swiggy hdfc card.
How to check that i have LTF or not?
Once upgrade, for online which card is best swiggy hdfc or sbi cashback?

Skylar

KF Master
As of now i do not get any email related to LTF offer for swiggy hdfc card.
How to check that i have LTF or not?
Once upgrade, for online which card is best swiggy hdfc or sbi cashback?
Swiggy LTF has to be checked on Swiggy App.

SBI cashback is better but it is not Offred as LTF has a fee of 1179/-
If you are planning for SBI Cashback then befikar you can upgrade to Regalia

SanthoshSomu

KF Expert
Swiggy LTF has to be checked on Swiggy App.

SBI cashback is better but it is not Offred as LTF has a fee of 1179/-
If you are planning for SBI Cashback then befikar you can upgrade to Regalia
When i am checking in my card it is showing attached info.
Is it LTF or first year free?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240725_082750.jpg
    Screenshot_20240725_082750.jpg
    446.9 KB · Views: 21