How are you paying credit cards bill to earn some rewards?

Skylar

KF Master
Any way to earn rewards on credit card bills.
I Use Cread mostly and Amazon Pay!

-
` Spend Wisely YT: HDFC Bank has discontinued giving 1% Cashback upto Rs.750 per Month on Credit Card Bill Payment using HDFC Platinum Debit Card (2.5% Cashback upto Rs.400 per Month using Millennia Debit Card); it is still giving cashback on credit card Billpay if bill paid using following platforms.

1) SBI Unipay portal
2) Jio Finance App
3) Airtel Thanks App
4) Canara Bank’s SETU portal

Samkhu

KF Ace

-
` Spend Wisely YT: HDFC Bank has discontinued giving 1% Cashback upto Rs.750 per Month on Credit Card Bill Payment using HDFC Platinum Debit Card (2.5% Cashback upto Rs.400 per Month using Millennia Debit Card); it is still giving cashback on credit card Billpay if bill paid using following platforms.

1) SBI Unipay portal
2) Jio Finance App
3) Airtel Thanks App
This give pennies on bill payment of thousands

-

1) SBI Unipay portal
2) Jio Finance App
3) Airtel Thanks App
I personally used sbiunipay nd jio finance app and got 1% cashback on my Hdfc platinum card. I heard yes it is also working on Canara setu nd Airtel.

I had made a payment through jio finance using hdfc platinum DC. Unable to find the reward option. Can you guide the path to check the rewards.
Open Hdfc mobile banking app. You can see your available balance, tap on the arrow mark at right corner next to balance. Then tap show account details. Then u can see your linked cards. Tap on view card details. Then tap on show more to view ur cashback points or available points.

Kumaresh

KF Ace

-

1) SBI Unipay portal
2) Jio Finance App
3) Airtel Thanks App
When did HDFC stop giving 1% cashback ? I paid a cc bill of 62500 on 11th aug and the cash back has not been credited yet 😕

PahulGoyal

KF Expert
1) SBI Unipay portal
SBI unipay portal is not that good. I paid a bill my card on 18th August and even now on 23 August it hasn't appeared on my credit card. Usually it used to happed in seconds but now it's been 5 days. Also when I logged in to SBI unipay portal to check the status of that transaction, there is no sign of that transaction there. It only appears in my bank statement. When I mailed at their customer support, no one replied. when I tried to raise a ticket on the website, it says error. So i would say don't use SBI unipay since it doesn't really give any rewards and there's a risk you might loose your money too.

Edit: I posted this in the morning and 6 hours later I received refund of that transaction. Although still no reply to my email. I think it was an automatic refund.

Last edited:

Skylar

KF Master
SBI unipay portal is not that good. I paid a bill my card on 18th August and even now on 23 August it hasn't appeared on my credit card. Usually it used to happed in seconds but now it's been 5 days. Also when I logged in to SBI unipay portal to check the status of that transaction, there is no sign of that transaction there. It only appears in my bank statement. When I mailed at their customer support, no one replied. when I tried to raise a ticket on the website, it says error. So i would say don't use SBI unipay since it doesn't really give any rewards and there's a risk you might loose your money too.
Yes, due to these complications, I do not employ any tricks for bill payments. In the pursuit of better rewards, one might end up damaging their credit score if a payment is missed. Therefore, I stick with Cred, even though it is not as rewarding as other apps, but ensures timely payments. The same applies to using Amazon Pay for credit card bill payments.

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Even MobiKwik is now settling payments within seconds, almost immediate like CRED.
That's right. For most of the cards it's immediate settlement. For some it is still not, but for those cards even Cred does not do immediate settlement like SCB, HSBC etc.