How are you paying credit cards bill to earn some rewards?

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Could you please provide a screenshot? I recently heard that the amount has been reduced to ₹25. Previously, it was ₹100, then ₹75, followed by ₹50, and now it is just ₹25.
Rs.50 on FULLPAY code...max 30 times a month. This month I could get cashback 29 times and one got wasted as SBI did not allow payment in excess of outstanding and hence the 30th one got reversed.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240825_100633.jpg
    Screenshot_20240825_100633.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 10

Skylar

KF Master
Rs.50 on FULLPAY code...max 30 times a month. This month I could get cashback 29 times and one got wasted as SBI did not allow payment in excess of outstanding and hence the 30th one got reversed.
So, we can only pay after the bill is generated? or can we prepay as soon as we do the spending?

abhimarda

KF Mentor
So, we can only pay after the bill is generated? or can we prepay as soon as we do the spending?
Only after the bill is generated. Full bill amount to be paid. I pay the excess over 5k before bill generation by HDFC Platinum card and then the 5k by Mobikwik. And then use Repeat option to get cashback even if there is no bill (requires some more steps) and get the amount refunded from CC to bank

hitirfan

KF Mentor
Only after the bill is generated. Full bill amount to be paid. I pay the excess over 5k before bill generation by HDFC Platinum card and then the 5k by Mobikwik. And then use Repeat option to get cashback even if there is no bill (requires some more steps) and get the amount refunded from CC to bank
How you get the refund?

Aisi harkat ki waje se wo Cashback dena band kar denge fir

abhimarda

KF Mentor
How you get the refund?

Aisi harkat ki waje se wo Cashback dena band kar denge fir
Well I am paying my bills. As per RBI guidelines any excess paid to card bills needs to be refunded. The excess payment may be due to reversal of purchase or excess credits. You can't stop someone from making payments to cards. Also, if there is no bill does not mean there is no outstanding. In this case, I was trying to pay in advance so that I could make a large purchase which the card did not allow me prepay. So immediately after making purchase, I made multiple payments to get cashback, however had to cancel the purchase hence all the amount paid was taken as refund in my bank account. I have enough payment each month for cards and the 5k amount in Mobikwik is anyway not enough for me..even if used 30 times.

shiv4u

KF Rookie
Open Hdfc mobile banking app. You can see your available balance, tap on the arrow mark at right corner next to balance. Then tap show account details. Then u can see your linked cards. Tap on view card details. Then tap on show more to view ur cashback points or available points.
can this work on HDFC rupay platinum DC also? In 3 months cashback credited on card right?

zacobite

KF Mentor
Well I am paying my bills. As per RBI guidelines any excess paid to card bills needs to be refunded. The excess payment may be due to reversal of purchase or excess credits. You can't stop someone from making payments to cards. Also, if there is no bill does not mean there is no outstanding. In this case, I was trying to pay in advance so that I could make a large purchase which the card did not allow me prepay. So immediately after making purchase, I made multiple payments to get cashback, however had to cancel the purchase hence all the amount paid was taken as refund in my bank account. I have enough payment each month for cards and the 5k amount in Mobikwik is anyway not enough for me..even if used 30 times.
You cannot make money like this.. effort to time to return is v low... cc is to save money on the go with your natural spend..

abhimarda

KF Mentor
You cannot make money like this.. effort to time to return is v low... cc is to save money on the go with your natural spend..
Absolutely agree....but as said I had to make a big purchase which was much more than 30% of the limit on my card, so I wanted to prepay and then make the purchase which did not happen as SBI card did not allow to prepay, hence I purchased the item and made payments..and made cashback on payments as well...however has to cancel the purchase as was getting better deal elsewhere...so took the excess payment to account as I have to pay for card where I made the spend.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Absolutely agree....but as said I had to make a big purchase which was much more than 30% of the limit on my card, so I wanted to prepay and then make the purchase which did not happen as SBI card did not allow to prepay, hence I purchased the item and made payments..and made cashback on payments as well...however has to cancel the purchase as was getting better deal elsewhere...so took the excess payment to account as I have to pay for card where I made the spend.
good luck..

I generally use the below in the order of priority
  1. HDFC Bill pay through HDFC debit card which gives 1% CB upto Rs 750 per month.
  2. Mobikwik (Rs 50 on full payment)
  3. Cred
I tried few others like CheQ, INDmoney etc which were giving good rewards before. But, not any more

hitirfan

KF Mentor
I generally use the below in the order of priority
  1. HDFC Bill pay through HDFC debit card which gives 1% CB upto Rs 750 per month.
  2. Mobikwik (Rs 50 on full payment)
  3. Cred
I tried few others like CheQ, INDmoney etc which were giving good rewards before. But, not any more
You outdated regarding HDFC BillPay. It doesn't give rewards anymore

You outdated regarding HDFC BillPay. It doesn't give rewards anymore
Oh... I got the CB in July. Didn't notice this month. When did they stop this?
How about using HDFC debit card through Airtel App or SBI Unipay? Do we still get the cashback?
Also, any feedbacks on innopay & Navi Apps?

Last edited:

hitirfan

KF Mentor
Oh... I got the CB in July. Didn't notice this month. When did they stop this?
How about using HDFC debit card through Airtel App or SBI Unipay? Do we still get the cashback?
Also, any feedbacks on innopay & Navi Apps?
They stopped it this month. SBI Uni Pay, Jio Finance app, Airtel Thanks is working.

I have no idea about innopay and Navi apps.

They stopped it this month. SBI Uni Pay, Jio Finance app, Airtel Thanks is working.

I have no idea about innopay and Navi apps.
@hitirfan but any of the 3 apps SBI Uni Pay, Jio Finance app, Airtel Thanks does not support payment for AMEX(American Express) Credit Card.. Any suggestion which app can we use to pay AMEX credit card bills to get reward points?