How can I Upgrade my credit card?

Ayan37

KF Ace
I have a question - I have been using a Paytm HDFC credit card for almost the last 1 year and I pay every month's payment on time. So my civil is 780+. So my question is when I want to upgrade my card the bank says that we don't have the option to upgrade a co-branded card. So I want to know if it is possible to get an upgraded card from the same bank by upgrading a co-branded card.

Skylar

KF Master
Only way you can do it is by closing the Cobranded card, It's the issue with co-branded cards in HDFC.
If you have a cobranded card it is difficult to get core card.

harwinder246

KF Rookie
I use hdfc money back last 4 year bank doesn't upgrade my card so but i do
I also send mail to bank for upgrade my card but bank don't reply my any mail

zacobite

KF Mentor
I have a question - I have been using a Paytm HDFC credit card for almost the last 1 year and I pay every month's payment on time. So my civil is 780+. So my question is when I want to upgrade my card the bank says that we don't have the option to upgrade a co-branded card. So I want to know if it is possible to get an upgraded card from the same bank by upgrading a co-branded card.
apply to another bank.. get another CC before closing an existing one

Skylar

KF Master
okk Thank You
It's a universal problem for whoever got their first card from HDFC as a cobranded card.
We tried everything but finally all we could do was close the co-branded card, in 3 months my friend applied to HDFC c2c through an agent and he got regalia. (He used ICICI coral card with limit 2lac 20 thousand for C2C)

zacobite

KF Mentor
It's a universal problem for whoever got their first card from HDFC as a cobranded card.
We tried everything but finally all we could do was close the co-branded card, in 3 months my friend applied to HDFC c2c through an agent and he got regalia. (He used ICICI coral card with limit 2lac 20 thousand for C2C)
never close an existing card ( unless you don't want it) and there is no guarantee of new card approval..

Skylar

KF Master
never close an existing card ( unless you don't want it) and there is no guarantee of new card approval..
I do not agree with that statement.
If you don't close the Cobranded card, you won't be able to get Core card from HDFC, and when you don't have core card you'll be stuck with a cobranded card which will have no upgrades.

zacobite

KF Mentor
If you don't close the Cobranded card, you won't be able to get Core card from HDFC, and when you don't have core card you'll be stuck with a cobranded card which will have no upgrades.
Get another bank card.. there are many who didn't get cards after closing their old one.. the risk is yours and decision also..

zacobite

KF Mentor
and hdfc will give core card basis profile/credit evaluation .. doesn't matter if you have cobranded..i had cobranded.. i got core card and closed my co branded later..

Ayan37

KF Ace
That's right but @zacobite words mean according to me to apply for another bank card before closing my Exciting card so that if I close my cobranded card there won't be any problem.

zacobite

KF Mentor
Lucky you but doesn't happen with everyone.
banks are a business.. they will give wherever they see money.. there are so many banks and cards.. cc is a powerful tool if used well to earn and build credit history.. random close cards, chase a dream card with no guarantee is not advisable.. rest it is a personal choice

Ayan37

KF Ace
so what can i do now? i have another IDFC credit card. So I am not getting any value back from paytm card so even if I close this card ?

zacobite

KF Mentor
so what can i do now? i have another IDFC credit card. So I am not getting any value back from paytm card so even if I close this card ?
what are you looking for? how much money do you spend on cc every yr? idfc is a grt card, apay is gd for amz, mrcc for monthly, some axis cards basis type of spends.. paytm gives 3-2-1 % already..

Ayan37

KF Ace
my yearly spend is approx 7-8L. most of my payments on utilities and medicines so when i used this card on paytm its charges conviniance fee means Think I paid electric bill of 10000/- 2% cashback means it is 200/- but they adding convenience fee on 10000/- it becomes 10150/- then where did I get 2% this is a small example