How can I Upgrade my credit card?

Skylar

KF Master
According to my experience, HDFC cards are easier to apply via an agent
Atleast the agent keeps assisting you regarding the next step as well
And as their commission is linked to us getting the credit card, they share little tips & tricks regarding the verification process 😉
Exactly 😁 😁

aajmera

KF Expert
I am using hdfc regalia firstcc as ltf card and using it since 6 years with credit limit of 5 lakh.
Bank is allowing to upgrade to multiple cards, but not giving those as ltf.
Is there any way to update this card in ltf

Skylar

KF Master
I am using hdfc regalia firstcc as ltf card and using it since 6 years with credit limit of 5 lakh.
Bank is allowing to upgrade to multiple cards, but not giving those as ltf.
Is there any way to update this card in ltf
which card they are offer?

aajmera

KF Expert
which card they are offer?
Multiple card, like regalia ( need to spend 3 lakh a year), diners club ( need to spend 8 lakh a year which is not possible).
But not offering any in ltf
I asked if I can get millinia ltf, but they denied

launchcraft

KF Mentor
so what can i do now? i have another IDFC credit card. So I am not getting any value back from paytm card so even if I close this card ?
closing a card will remove it from your credit report and your history, so if this is the card you holding from very long, I suggest don't close it until you have an existing card with good history.
It will impact negatively on your profile as a long standing card history is being remove from that after closure, that's why people don't suggest closing a card until and unless it's a total waste and taking charges without using. If its free.. let it be an additional card.
Suggest you apply for the card you want, get it and then close the existing one after some time.
So that your closing won't affect the banks decision of giving you a new card.

launchcraft

KF Mentor
my yearly spend is approx 7-8L. most of my payments on utilities and medicines so when i used this card on paytm its charges conviniance fee means Think I paid electric bill of 10000/- 2% cashback means it is 200/- but they adding convenience fee on 10000/- it becomes 10150/- then where did I get 2% this is a small example
pay your electricity bill via AMAZON pay, and use a RUPAY card for that so that there is no convenience fee...
Get a RUPAY card as soon as possible.

Skylar

KF Master
Multiple card, like regalia ( need to spend 3 lakh a year), diners club ( need to spend 8 lakh a year which is not possible).
DC black milra? DC black ka base 3.33% hey awr smart buy se easy 13% tak return le sakthe
if you are getting DC black then benefits will surpass the annual fee. How much do you spend in a year?

Skylar

KF Master
This is a new trend: HDFC has started to change all its Lifetime Free (LTF) cards to paid ones.

aajmera

KF Expert
DC black milra? DC black ka base 3.33% hey awr smart buy se easy 13% tak return le sakthe
if you are getting DC black then benefits will surpass the annual fee. How much do you spend in a year?
For all my expenses I have seperate sets of cards.
-) for dining I have hsbc cashback and indusind easydiners
-) for grocery I have hsbc cashback
-) for online shopping I have sbi cashback
-) for international transactions and travel I have au ixigo.
-) for normal spend I keep hsbc cashback ( although it's not much, around 5-10k) a month.

Getting diners and spending all with it might not be beneficial

Apart from this I have multiple cards, but don't use them as much

For online i only use sbi cashback and other if have offer
For offline I use hsbc cashback, although I need to accept I don't spend offline much except grocery and dining, for which this card is good.

Last edited:

Skylar

KF Master
Apart from this I have multiple cards, but don't use them as much
The combination of DC Black and Smart Buy will provide you with nearly all the benefits that your existing cards offer. While I’m not pressuring you, I recommend doing a little research on this card. My brother uses it extensively, and he manages to fly home for free from Noida to Vizag thrice a year using the rewards he earned on it.

aajmera

KF Expert
The combination of DC Black and Smart Buy will provide you with nearly all the benefits that your existing cards offer. While I’m not pressuring you, I recommend doing a little research on this card. My brother uses it extensively, and he manages to fly home for free from Noida to Vizag thrice a year using the rewards he earned on it.
I agree
The fact is, if you see my online shopping, it will be around 15-20 k in a quarter.
Hence don't see much value in this
It would be beneficial if I need to spend regularly
Also, I want infinia credit card and it would be difficult if I have diners.
Need to wait for it till I have a credit limit of 8 lakh