I have 11lakhs , Suggest Investment strategy.

I have SBI small cap MF as of now and 15 lakhs in FD. on top of this i have 11 lakhs ready for investment. kindly suggest a strategy for 4-5 years. Preferably, MFs, stocks, Gold and Bonds. I am willing to aggregate gold at current price if it is suitable. and equities in companies who would give a good return in 4-5 years. MFs can be considered for a longer term. Risk appetite is medium as I have plans for my marriage and new house in 5 years.

You should give a try to MFs because you have a sound amount to invest just diversify the money in various high yield funds.
If you want to invest in equites then you have to monitor it frequently which will cause you an extra headache and may affect your current works because Indian market is at its high so a good correction phase will come in 4-5 years which is your time horizon of investment so its better to go for mutual funds.
And in case of bonds you will not get that good returns but money is safe in this option you can consider it risk free investment.
Better you should diversify your money to midcap-30%,flexicap-40%,smallcap-20%,debt-10% .

zacobite

KF Mentor
I have SBI small cap MF as of now and 15 lakhs in FD. on top of this i have 11 lakhs ready for investment. kindly suggest a strategy for 4-5 years. Preferably, MFs, stocks, Gold and Bonds. I am willing to aggregate gold at current price if it is suitable. and equities in companies who would give a good return in 4-5 years. MFs can be considered for a longer term. Risk appetite is medium as I have plans for my marriage and new house in 5 years.
4 pronged - 1 nifty fund (30 ) / 1 nifty next fund (30) / 1 international fund( 15) / 1 gold fund (10) .. no withdrawal for 5 yrs.. you can add a conservative hybrid fund ( 15) if required as well.. numbers are %..and investment done over next 6-12 months.. not lumpsum.. unless you are able to time a market crash ( one is expected later this yr)

Last edited:

guptajoy961

KF Expert
Alright, so you've got a 4-5 year investment horizon and want to make the most of your cash. Here's an investment strategy that might just do the trick:
Mutual Funds
  • Hang on to your SBI Small Cap Fund. It's a solid choice for a small-cap fund, and it's been performing well over the long term.
  • For diversification, consider putting 30-40% of your money into a large-cap or multi-cap mutual fund, like SBI Flexi Cap Fund or SBI Multicap Fund. These funds focus on big, stable companies.
  • To complement your small-cap fund, allocate 20-30% to a mid-cap fund like SBI Magnum Midcap Fund.
Stocks
  • With 20-30% of your money, build a portfolio of 8-10 high-quality stocks from different sectors. Look for companies with solid fundamentals, growth potential, and decent valuations.
  • By picking individual stocks, you might be able to outperform the broader market. But be selective!
Gold
  • Gold can add diversification and help protect against market volatility. Consider putting 10-15% of your money into physical gold or gold ETFs.
Bonds
  • For stability and liquidity, allocate 5-10% to short-term or medium-term bonds/bond funds.
The big-picture strategy here is:
  • Diversifying across different assets (stocks, gold, bonds)
  • Exposure to large, mid, and small-cap companies through mutual funds
  • Stock picking for potential market-beating returns
  • Maintaining a medium risk level that suits your 4-5 year time horizon and goals
Remember to check in on your portfolio regularly and rebalance if needed. Happy investing!

isha

KF Rookie
Right gold is very high so just wait for some time to invest in gold. You can diversify your portfolio in dividend stocks. Like metal, energy, transportation, food, luxury etc. and silver is also a good option to invest. Also you can in invest in mutual fund avoiding small caps mf

Thank you for providing such insightful suggestions. Moreover, as of now, should I start SIP as the market is at ATH and there are Elections just around he corner. Should I aggregate some stocks namely PSUs and mega brands like Reliance, Tata etc?

Alright, so you've got a 4-5 year investment horizon and want to make the most of your cash. Here's an investment strategy that might just do the trick:
Mutual Funds
  • Hang on to your SBI Small Cap Fund. It's a solid choice for a small-cap fund, and it's been performing well over the long term.
  • For diversification, consider putting 30-40% of your money into a large-cap or multi-cap mutual fund, like SBI Flexi Cap Fund or SBI Multicap Fund. These funds focus on big, stable companies.
  • To complement your small-cap fund, allocate 20-30% to a mid-cap fund like SBI Magnum Midcap Fund.
Stocks
  • With 20-30% of your money, build a portfolio of 8-10 high-quality stocks from different sectors. Look for companies with solid fundamentals, growth potential, and decent valuations.
  • By picking individual stocks, you might be able to outperform the broader market. But be selective!
Gold
  • Gold can add diversification and help protect against market volatility. Consider putting 10-15% of your money into physical gold or gold ETFs.
Bonds
  • For stability and liquidity, allocate 5-10% to short-term or medium-term bonds/bond funds.
The big-picture strategy here is:
  • Diversifying across different assets (stocks, gold, bonds)
  • Exposure to large, mid, and small-cap companies through mutual funds
  • Stock picking for potential market-beating returns
  • Maintaining a medium risk level that suits your 4-5 year time horizon and goals
Remember to check in on your portfolio regularly and rebalance if needed. Happy investing!
This is very good strategy for investment 👍