Ideal Credit card repayment date

Let's assume my HDFC CC due date is 4th of every month. If I pay my dues on 2nd via Amazon Pay, or MyCards, or hdfc netbanking portal, will it take more than 2 days to reflect (considering weekends)?

Suppose I'm repaying on 2nd, due date is on 4th, and it reflects on 5th, would I be charged with late payment fees & GST? Also, please suggest the ideal way to repay cc dues so it reflects immediately.

Abhisek_00

KF Rookie
Let's assume my HDFC CC due date is 4th of every month. If I pay my dues on 2nd via Amazon Pay, or MyCards, or hdfc netbanking portal, will it take more than 2 days to reflect (considering weekends)?

Suppose I'm repaying on 2nd, due date is on 4th, and it reflects on 5th, would I be charged with late payment fees & GST? Also, please suggest the ideal way to repay cc dues so it reflects immediately.
No. IN BBPS payment system, settlement happens instantly. You pay money and it should reflect in your statement right then. Also in cane you pay on 2nd and bill settlement happens on 5th, 2nd will be considered as payment date.

Skylar

KF Master

There is a three-day grace period, although some banks adhere to this policy while others do not. Each bank statement, upon bill generation, advises paying at least three days before the due date. It is advisable to follow this recommendation to avoid the inconvenience of dealing with customer support and wasting time.

Ideally, bills should be paid either immediately after making a purchase or when the bill is generated.

Waiting until the due date is unnecessary, as the interest earned during the 15-day grace period is not worth the hassle if the payment is missed or not credited due to technical errors.

No. IN BBPS payment system, settlement happens instantly. You pay money and it should reflect in your statement right then. Also in cane you pay on 2nd and bill settlement happens on 5th, 2nd will be considered as payment date.
What if I pay on 2nd and it reflects only on 5th, while the due date being 4th? Would such scenarios attract late fees?

Also, I believe Amazon Pay uses BBPS. Are there any other providers that use BBPS and rewards/cashback for credit card due payments?

abhimarda

KF Mentor
A
What if I pay on 2nd and it reflects only on 5th, while the due date being 4th? Would such scenarios attract late fees?

Also, I believe Amazon Pay uses BBPS. Are there any other providers that use BBPS and rewards/cashback for credit card due payments?
Almost all the third party players are now on BBPS, however it is important that the card issuing company (mostly banks) is on BBPS. Sone of the banks like Standard Chartered, HSBC, RBL etc are not yet on BBPS