IDFC zero balance account - everything you need to know

IDFC First Bank offers several zero balance account options:

1. Pratham Savings Account:

• Zero minimum balance requirement.
  • No account opening charges.
  • Basic banking services like cash deposits, withdrawals, and ATM transactions.
  • No requirement to maintain an average monthly balance (AMB).
  • Ideal for individuals who want a simple, no-frills savings account with no balance requirements.
2. Digital Savings Account:
  • Zero minimum balance requirement. (1 feb 2024 - now its updated to 10k/25k minimum balance)
  • Opened and managed entirely online through the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile app or website.
  • Offers a wide range of digital banking features, including instant fund transfers, online bill payments, and mobile recharges.
  • No AMB (Average Monthly Balance) requirement.
  • good for people, who does not want to visit bank branches
3. Future First Account:
  • Zero minimum balance requirement for the first 4 months.
  • After 4 months, a minimum average monthly balance of ₹25,000 is required.
  • Earns interest on the daily balance.
  • Offers a free VISA Platinum Debit Card with exclusive benefits.
  • Provides 24x7 customer support.
4. Zero Balance Startup Current Account:
  • Zero minimum balance requirement for the first 3 years.
  • Designed specifically for startups and new businesses.
  • Unlimited free NEFT, IMPS, and RTGS transactions.
  • No AMB requirement for the first 3 years.
  • Tailored loan offerings for startups.
if you want to know about each type of bank accounts in detail, just let me know and I will provide you with all the details

Last edited:

rmufti

KF Ace

• Ideal for individuals who want a simple, no-frills savings account with no balance requirements.
  • Opened and managed entirely online through the IDFC FIRST Bank mobile app or website.
  • Offers a wide range of digital banking features, including instant fund transfers, online bill payments, and mobile recharges.
3. Future First Account:
if you want to know about each type of bank accounts in detail, just let me know and I will provide you with all the details
IDFC Future First Savings account. is it not lifetime zero balance?

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
IDFC Future First Savings account. is it not lifetime zero balance?
There's a lot of confusion around this Bank Account. Initially when you go to open this Account, IDFC's employees will mostly likely tell you that there is no such account and will give you 2 options - 1 with MAB of 10K and other with MAB of 25K. But if you keep pestering them, they will give you the option of Lifetime FREE account.

Also, if IDFC employee pushed your for funding this account, just do it and immediately take it out. There will be No Charges since it is a Lifetime FREE Account

rmufti

KF Ace
There's a lot of confusion around this Bank Account. Initially when you go to open this Account, IDFC's employees will mostly likely tell you that there is no such account and will give you 2 options - 1 with MAB of 10K and other with MAB of 25K. But if you keep pestering them, they will give you the option of Lifetime FREE account.

Also, if IDFC employee pushed your for funding this account, just do it and immediately take it out. There will be No Charges since it is a Lifetime FREE Account
Yeah, that's what I know. It is a lifetime zero-balance account. Actually, Future First opens through the Salary A/C opening tab now. That's why most branches don't have proper information about it. I also faced this problem; they said Future First A/C is not available. but when I get connected to the Nodal section, the problem is solved. I got a great zero-balance A/C with a Signature Visa Card.

WhatsApp Image 2024-01-24 at 4.16.52 PM.jpeg

rajkbkf

KF Rookie
Looked up internet couldnt find digital savings account which is zero balance account could find two variants of digital savings account one with MAB 10K and another with MAB of 25K.Could u pls explain where u found Digital savings account?

3. Future First Account:

rajkbkf

KF Rookie
Yeah, that's what I know. It is a lifetime zero-balance account. Actually, Future First opens through the Salary A/C opening tab now. That's why most branches don't have proper information about it. I also faced this problem; they said Future First A/C is not available. but when I get connected to the Nodal section, the problem is solved. I got a great zero-balance A/C with a Signature Visa Card.

View attachment 207
Are there any special requirements of future first account?

rajkbkf

KF Rookie
No, nothing special. You should from listed universities having Pan Card and Aadhaar Card. that's all. where do you from looking for this account ? Which City?.
oh future first is only for students?i am a passout from IIT Guwahati?will that work?i am from Jaleshwar,Odisha

rmufti

KF Ace
oh future first is only for students?i am a passout from IIT Guwahati?will that work?i am from Jaleshwar,Odisha
yes, it is specially for students, you can open account with a valid I-Card. you can talk with your area nodal officer for better information.

mohan

KF Rookie

3. Future First Account:
Don't misguide.
Digital savings account is 10k/25k mab account.

nihal

KF Rookie
I go IDFC branch for opening future first account,they say this account is offered to only selected institute students and you are not eligible for that,so I opened Pratham account,After opening it I found there is no minimum balance but there is maximum balance limit,& many more limit like yearly aggregate limits..
Please provide details information about limits of this account and there consequences and after charge.

Last edited:

mohan

KF Rookie
I go IDFC branch for opening future first account,they say this account is offered to only selected institute students any you are not eligible for that,so I opened Pratham account,After opening it I found there is no minimum balance but there is maximum balance limit,& many more limit like yearly aggregate limits..
Please provide details information about limits of this account and there consequences and after charge.
Pratham is their one type BSBD Account which is useless.
Btw their branch employee misguided you.

nihal

KF Rookie
Pratham is their one type BSBD Account which is useless.
Btw their branch employee misguided you.
How they misguided me can you explain?
Or is future first account is available for me? If yes then how should I now convert pratham to future first account? (Future first is best account right?)

mohan

KF Rookie
How they misguided me can you explain?
Or is future first account is available for me? If yes then how should I now convert pratham to future first account? (Future first is best account right?)
Which course u r doing?
UG/pg and college name?

nihal

KF Rookie
I think SFS College nagpur not in the list,that's why they suggest you different account.you can confirm it from their customer care.
I know that's why I opened pratham account. But that's not my question in first place. Se my first MSG.

Suhani

KF Rookie

• Zero minimum balance requirement. (1 feb 2024 - now its updated to 10k/25k minimum balance)
3. Future First Account:
Today I visited idfc branch for pratham savings account..but they told our branch don't offer pratham savings account you have to our second branch for this ...

nihal

KF Rookie
Today I visited idfc branch for pratham savings account..but they told our branch don't offer pratham savings account you have to our second branch for this ...
Bullshit dude, they just making excuses, when I went to IDFC branch , their own employees don't even know about account, I show them pratham account on IDFC website. I.e. they have to open this account, after making excuses they finally opened my pratham account.

secprashant

KF Rookie
I go IDFC branch for opening future first account,they say this account is offered to only selected institute students and you are not eligible for that,so I opened Pratham account,After opening it I found there is no minimum balance but there is maximum balance limit,& many more limit like yearly aggregate limits..
What is the maximum balance limit on pratham savings account