Is HDFC a good bank to open an account with?

finance.geek

KF Expert
It's a good bank with great features but opening a bank account is lifelong decision
One mistake can waste couple of days
if you want current Account then Prefer Kotak Bank
and if wants Saving then choose from Axis or HDFC with your comfortability of Branch Address Which is nearer to your address.

nikhilchauhan

Administrator
Staff member
It's a good bank with great features but opening a bank account is lifelong decision
One mistake can waste couple of days
if you want current Account then Prefer Kotak Bank
and if wants Saving then choose from Axis or HDFC with your comfortability of Branch Address Which is nearer to your address.
Great Insights!

Manoj Kohli

KF Expert
I wanted to open a new bank account in a good bank with great facilities. Is it a good idea to go with HDFC Bank?
Hi, i've worked for 5 years with a PSU Bank and hence can share some insider tips. Short answer is it depends on your needs - if you're looking for a generic bank account which fulfills most of your needs then I would say HDFC is a decent Bank. However if you're looking for some new age Bank with good net banking, App then HDFC falls really behind. I find these new age banks - IDFC, Kotak, doing a much better job at this.

HDFC also won't be able to give you that customer experience because most of their staff is leaving every other day. But again, this is my opinion

Santosh

KF Rookie
In my view , Think for what purpose you need bank account. In HDFC amb is 5k to 10k that should maintain .and their app experience is not good like SBI what I feel.
If you want to use banking service in person than prefer nearest bank either private or govt.

sagar_03

KF Ace
Yes it's a good bank. But for normal savings Account please make sure to maintain Minimum balance or they will Deduct charges. If you have Salary Account then you can have 0 balance facility

Suggesting a bank without knowing your requirement is like giving paracetamol for every diseases. So please explain what you are expecting from this bank account?
I feel that all the banks are more and less same, PSU and government banks customer service and tech is a little bit laggy ,but the charges are very less , where as in private banks , the customer service and tech support is good ,but the charges are very high, this is what I feel

Whichever bank branch is close to you, just go and open your account,more or less all are same

Dinkar

KF Rookie
I wanted to open a new bank account in a good bank with great facilities. Is it a good idea to go with HDFC Bank?
Yes You can go for it but take looks which Bank is near to your office/home I have HDFC Bank account but there very serious issues at branch service level They never trained there new staff for work I loose my three tenders Gov. Because of Bank Solvency. I ICICI is really fast for coustomer services I newly shifted in.

Yes You can go for it but take looks which Bank is near to your office/home I have HDFC Bank account but there very serious issues at branch service level They never trained there new staff for work I loose my three tenders Gov. Because of Bank Solvency. I ICICI is really fast for coustomer services I newly shifted in.
Yeah I feel the same , we should look at a particular branch and accordingly to their attitude and customer service, we should decide,very rightly pointed out

Hema Kulkarni

KF Mentor
I feel that is because their employees are getting churned. I see new faces in my Home Branch everytime I go there :rolleyes:

amitsaini

KF Ace
First know you requirements and purpose for your bank account. Then see which bank provide all those facilities of your requirements with minimum restrictions e.g minimum balance, less annual charges etc.

tusharghai40

KF Rookie
Highly depends on what services you want to use.

Do you want a zero balance account, Normal Savings Account or Premium Account?

I had a very swift process while opening an HDFC account in my city, the executive visited my house and gave the kit on the day itself and opened an account without any hassle.

Although I feel the the HDFC app user interface could be a lot better, Kotak's and ICICI's are better.

ankurzinn

KF Rookie
There are further good options also. Please explore other Bank options which offer better services, ease of mobile banking app, better rates on deposits/FD, personalized banking services through employees, door step banking services etc.
Please check with with small finance Bank options also.
HDFC as well as all these small finance banks are scheduled