Is HDFC a good bank to open an account with?

Sumit Dahiya

KF Rookie
I guess someone pointed out clearly that without knowing your requirements, one can't suggest the best bank for you.
Still, following points may be considered for opening a bank account:
1) Confidence level in banks- It's the highest in PSU followed by any of the top 10 pvt players(Including IDFC First)
2) Comfort/ Ease with technology - If yo u are comfortable with technology and understand the apps, try IDFC First
3) Services required and charges of services: If you are unwilling to provide charges for services, I would still suggest IDFC First

I am suggesting IDFC First here because I am personally using it and using it thoroughly among more than 5 other bank accounts. It has a superb mobile banking app which does everything on one page only. Only issue is that the app is down for maintenance twice monthly on weekend nights but who doesn't need a good maintenance!
FYI my personal experience with HDFC is not that good as the staff has started feeling distant from the customers and disrespect, the interest rates are the lowest among pvt banks

nikhilchauhan

Administrator
Staff member
I guess someone pointed out clearly that without knowing your requirements, one can't suggest the best bank for you.
Still, following points may be considered for opening a bank account:
1) Confidence level in banks- It's the highest in PSU followed by any of the top 10 pvt players(Including IDFC First)
2) Comfort/ Ease with technology - If yo u are comfortable with technology and understand the apps, try IDFC First
3) Services required and charges of services: If you are unwilling to provide charges for services, I would still suggest IDFC First

I am suggesting IDFC First here because I am personally using it and using it thoroughly among more than 5 other bank accounts. It has a superb mobile banking app which does everything on one page only. Only issue is that the app is down for maintenance twice monthly on weekend nights but who doesn't need a good maintenance!
FYI my personal experience with HDFC is not that good as the staff has started feeling distant from the customers and disrespect, the interest rates are the lowest among pvt banks
Right, one must analyze their requirements as well while choosing a bank

tamalkanti10

KF Rookie
I wanted to open a new bank account in a good bank with great facilities. Is it a good idea to go with HDFC Bank?
I had account in icici, hdfc, axis, kotak, yes bank, citi bank (now closed) , south indian bank and also psu bank like allahabad (now indian bank), sbi, uco, union bank (previously united bank of india). HDFC is the best in terms of everything.

Mahesh

KF Rookie
Hi,

It's one of the major bank and now probably the biggest private bank.

Their is minimum average balance to maintain with all the savings account I know for this bank. It ranges from 5k to 15k probably from rural , urban and metro areas.
Good bank for CC too.

You can also look at savings banks for savings accounts which will give you more interest on Svings and FDs.

RJ_11_AYUSH

KF Rookie
No doubt HDFC is a very good bank to open an account with but I want to inform you that there is a latest launched zero balance savings account with axis bank named axis infinity account which is the best zero balance savings account with multiple attractive offers & also i want to tell you that axis is nowdays very bullish to offer attractive pre approved offers to costomers more than any other bank. So i suggest you to look into it once else your wish.

I wanted to open a new bank account in a good bank with great facilities. Is it a good idea to go with HDFC Bank?
HEY ARJUN,
you are on great path because you choose of the best bank of india and also largest bank of india.
now we come on question should you open an account with HDFC BANK?
if you want to open an account with private then you should go with top 3 or 4 banks of India.
you can open any one of them like ICICI BANK, HDFC BANK, KOTAK BANK, AXIS BANK.
these banks are very safe you can open an account with any of them.
I have don't a hdfc bank account so dont know very much about them. but as per customer reviews this a great bank.
you can also open account with ICICI BANK they also provide best services in the industry even better than hdfc bank in my opinion.
I am using ICICI bank since 3 years never faced any problem and server problem.
but sometimes in past hdfc has faced server problem. and ICICI BANK have most advanced technology and best mobile app like imobile.
you can open as per your choice these are the my views on banks.

rajneesh

KF Rookie
HDFC Bank was a reputable option for banking with a wide range of services and a strong presence in India. However, whether it's a good idea for you to open an account with them depends on your specific financial needs and location. Research their current offerings and compare them with other banks in your area to make an informed decision.

ajit sahu

KF Ace
IT DEPENDS IF YOU WANT A ZERO BALANCE ACCOUNT MEANS YOU CAN GO FOR IT, IF YOU HAVE NOT OPENED ANY ZERO BALANCE ACCOUNT IN ANY OTHER BANK OR YOU CAN GET A REGULAR ACCOUNT IN WHICH THE MONTHLY BALANCE TO BE MAINTAINED ALONG WITH THE YEARLY DEBIT CARD CHARGES, SMS CHARGES AND OTHER, IF ANY. AND ALSO YOU WILL GET A BETTER CREDIT CARD WHICH IS MILLENIA IF CREDIT WORTHINESS ALLOWS. ON THE OTHER HAND YOU CAN GO FOR THE ONLINE ZERO BALANCE ACCOUNTS OR OFFLINE ZERO BALANCE ACCOUNTS FOR YOUR EASY ACCESS.

Gigachad

KF Mentor
If you able to maintain the amb then its a very good option..
No faltu charges.
Good debit card.
Though customer care is not good.