is there hack to not pay the convenience fees while booking movie tickets online ?

I have tried booking tickets from paytm insider, amazon pay, bookmyshow and every one charges a convenience fees , and they charge it per ticket, so is there a way to bypass it ?

I have 2 possible ways for that:
  1. Use PVR website for ticket booking. They don't charge convenience fee, provided you have to apply code "DIGICASH"
  2. Saving on convenience fee means actually you want to save money on final payments, so you could use IDFC FIRST BANK CC on PayTM App:
    • Promo code IDFCCCFS1: Get 100% Instant Discount up to ₹250 on minimum 2 movie tickets. Valid twice per user per month.
    • Promo code IDFCCCFS2: Get 100% Instant Discount up to ₹500 on minimum 4 movie tickets. Valid once per user per month.
Reference details attached for both points. Please check & try.
Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 10.24.49 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 10.24.49 PM.png
    421.4 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 10.40.59 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-03 at 10.40.59 PM.png
    411.3 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

amitsaini

KF Ace
This is the case in other area as well like flight booking.
So to avoid convenience fee , only way is to directly purchase ticket from counter.

But there are smart ways like use debit/credit cards with give better discount like buy1 get1 with atleast cover your extra convenience fee.

This is the case in other area as well like flight booking.
So to avoid convenience fee , only way is to directly purchase ticket from counter.

But there are smart ways like use debit/credit cards with give better discount like buy1 get1 with atleast cover your extra convenience fee.
Thanks for this. I will try to use a credit card. The convenience fees are getting so high these days. These fees should have a cap so that companies can't charge more than a specific percentage.

Reposting as the previous reply (with attachments) is taking too long for moderator’s approval.

1. Use PVR website for ticket booking. They don't charge convenience fee, provided you have to apply code "DIGICASH"
  2. Saving on convenience fee means actually you want to save money on final payments, so you could use IDFC FIRST BANK CC on PayTM App:
    • Promo code IDFCCCFS1: Get 100% Instant Discount up to ₹250 on minimum 2 movie tickets. Valid twice per user per month.
    • Promo code IDFCCCFS2: Get 100% Instant Discount up to ₹500 on minimum 4 movie tickets. Valid once per user per month.
Thank you!

Thank you!
thanks for this