Lost UTI fund

I had an investment in UTI-EQUITY FUND - DIVIDEND of 200 units which used to send me dividend cheques every year until 20/05/2015 when they communicated that dividend amount less than 1000 and no bank details will be reinvested instead of payout. It also asked to complete CBS bank a/c details, mobile number, PAN no. etc. But I forgot to follow up this letter and it went into oblivion due to other personal involvements. I didn't get further communication on this. Recently I found this letter. I checked from UTI site that this fund is merged into another fund. I would like to know the status of this investment. What to do

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
I had an investment in UTI-EQUITY FUND - DIVIDEND of 200 units which used to send me dividend cheques every year until 20/05/2015 when they communicated that dividend amount less than 1000 and no bank details will be reinvested instead of payout. It also asked to complete CBS bank a/c details, mobile number, PAN no. etc. But I forgot to follow up this letter and it went into oblivion due to other personal involvements. I didn't get further communication on this. Recently I found this letter. I checked from UTI site that this fund is merged into another fund. I would like to know the status of this investment. What to do
Try using MF Central app/website to check the current status of this UTI fund, and take necessary action regarding the same. 🤗

Reach out to UTI Mutual Fund's customer service directly. You can find their contact information on their official website or any recent communications you have received from them. When you contact them, provide your folio number your name, and any other details they might request. Mention that you have found an old communication from them regarding your investment in UTI-Equity Fund - Dividend. Specifically, ask about the merger of UTI-Equity Fund - Dividend into another fund. They will be able to provide you with details on the merged fund where your investment now resides.

TaxWiser

KF Mentor
Also, since my PAN was not linked to the fund, the mf central app is also not allowing me to sign up
In 2022, I faced the same issue regarding my father's Franklin MF.
Here is how I resolved my issue :
First tried to contact customer care via calls & Emails which didn't helped us at all.
So, I located the nearest branch/affiliated MF agent via their official website, then I visited their office and provide all the necessary documents like Reciept mentioning folio number, holding details & Holder's Name and PAN & adhaar copy. He took around ₹200, in 3 days completed the KYC process and asked for ₹1000 for redemption and also started buttering us to invest in Regular MFs through him.
I blocked him, made my father account in Franklin mf app and redeemed all the funds and invested it in Direct MFs through Groww.

My Advice would be:
Step 1 - Follow this Advice
Reach out to UTI Mutual Fund's customer service directly. You can find their contact information on their official website or any recent communications you have received from them. When you contact them, provide your folio number your name, and any other details they might request. Mention that you have found an old communication from them regarding your investment in UTI-Equity Fund - Dividend. Specifically, ask about the merger of UTI-Equity Fund - Dividend into another fund. They will be able to provide you with details on the merged fund where your investment now resides.

If it's not helpful, then
Step 2 - Try offline method like me
1000027016.jpg1000027017.jpg

Best of Luck 🤗

Last edited: