My Mutual Fund Journey. Want some advice on Mutual Funds while going ahead

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my journey with mutual funds (MFs) over the past 4 years. I'll be honest; I've been a bit inconsistent with my investments, mostly due to my personal finances. There were times when I had to withdraw my money, and then I reinvested whenever I could.

However, I've had a change of heart recently. I've decided to get serious about my finances and make smart investment choices. I'm now looking for the best MFs to invest in. I've set aside 25k for a systematic investment plan (SIP), and I also want to maximize my tax benefits by investing 12.5k per month in Equity-Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS) MFs.

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions on the best MFs to consider for my SIP and ELSS investments. Additionally, if you have any insights on how I can diversify my portfolio effectively, including the ELSS MF, that would be incredibly helpful.

Which MF to go for, I would suggest a personal finance advisor for it. In India, we give good priority for our health and but when it come to wealth we are hesitant to consult a wealth manager for it. We can do proper research with some parameters regarding which is the best MF for our needs but definitely we don't have so much time from our professional life to constantly track those MFs whether they are still performing good or not. Hence, I would say after selecting best MF to invest, it is equally important to know when to exit from that MF and for that if you don't have time to track its performance constantly go for a personal finance manager...they will definitely take some commission from your profit but even after their commission your profit will be more than what you would have got on your own

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
Which MF to go for, I would suggest a personal finance advisor for it. In India, we give good priority for our health and but when it come to wealth we are hesitant to consult a wealth manager for it. We can do proper research with some parameters regarding which is the best MF for our needs but definitely we don't have so much time from our professional life to constantly track those MFs whether they are still performing good or not. Hence, I would say after selecting best MF to invest, it is equally important to know when to exit from that MF and for that if you don't have time to track its performance constantly go for a personal finance manager...they will definitely take some commission from your profit but even after their commission your profit will be more than what you would have got on your own
Thank you for the guidance

Hey everyone,

I wanted to share my journey with mutual funds (MFs) over the past 4 years. I'll be honest; I've been a bit inconsistent with my investments, mostly due to my personal finances. There were times when I had to withdraw my money, and then I reinvested whenever I could.

However, I've had a change of heart recently. I've decided to get serious about my finances and make smart investment choices. I'm now looking for the best MFs to invest in. I've set aside 25k for a systematic investment plan (SIP), and I also want to maximize my tax benefits by investing 12.5k per month in Equity-Linked Savings Scheme (ELSS) MFs.

I would greatly appreciate your suggestions on the best MFs to consider for my SIP and ELSS investments. Additionally, if you have any insights on how I can diversify my portfolio effectively, including the ELSS MF, that would be incredibly helpful.
Investments is Art and Science both. It's like flying in the helicopter. Very easy fast reliable but gets tough if you have to fly yourself specially if you don't know flying 😁. Investments is always forward looking not backward looking. Mostly investor see past return of the sector or fund but failed to understand that it may or may not perform well. Thus here comes the art factor.. Stock Markets is supreme and bigger. It has its own language if we are able to understand what it wants to convey we may get better benefits. Mutual Funds are meant to understand that language and do the job for investors. Now one need to find Fund Manager who understands the Market Language better and bet on that... If you cannot find it you will always struggling to get better results.. so what is the solution. Take consultancy or expand you knowledge. Try understand the flavour of the Market and Fund then deploy. Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator: