Problem with SBI Credit Card

anshujain

KF Rookie
Hi

I had recently bought an AC on EMI thru my SBI Credit Card ... The statement I have received from the Bank shows the complete amount due ... What can be done ... The people in Customer Care are unable to understand the issue or pretend not to understand and just hang up after keeping it on hold

Skylar

KF Mentor
Hi

I had recently bought an AC on EMI thru my SBI Credit Card ... The statement I have received from the Bank shows the complete amount due ... What can be done ... The people in Customer Care are unable to understand the issue or pretend not to understand and just hang up after keeping it on hold
How many months have you selected while opting for EMI option?

Skylar

KF Mentor
Hi

This is the reason I avoid SBI cards.

My experience with ICICI coral rupay card.
- Item purchased on 03rd of October
- merchet confirmation on 13th October
- EMI conversion on 13th October
- First Emi payment 2nd of November
(02nd of every month is my billing date of that card)

Last edited:

launchcraft

KF Mentor

- First Emi payment 2nd of October
Exactly...ICICI seems to be the best with EMIs and its conversions.
I have been paying my Iphone EMIs every month without any hassle, everything is being mentioned on the monthly statement as to how much is left, how much you paid, how many months are remaining, everything.
The thing I can mention here that the total amount is being blocked by the bank, as to whatever total you need to pay so your credit limit will decrease by that amount.
This is to make sure you don't utilize your full credit limit and doesn't do a default.

Skylar

KF Mentor
Exactly...ICICI seems to be the best with EMIs and its conversions.
I have been paying my Iphone EMIs every month without any hassle, everything is being mentioned on the monthly statement as to how much is left, how much you paid, how many months are remaining, everything.
The thing I can mention here that the total amount is being blocked by the bank, as to whatever total you need to pay so your credit limit will decrease by that amount.
This is to make sure you don't utilize your full credit limit and doesn't do a default.
Yes, also the principal and interest are shown in the app.

- Also, With HDFC when I pre-closed the EMI transaction I wasn't charged the GST on interest for the 6 months remaining. I kind a got extra discount for foreclosure and it was very easy to foreclose the emi in Mycard mobile site, without going to bank or calling CC

Hi

You write the issue through email customercare@sbicard.com attaching the Payment slips. It will maintain a record also.
Also You can "Raise Dispute" in SBI card website :
***********.sbicard.com/en/contact-us/personal.page
I think the matter will resolve.

abhimarda

KF Mentor

- First Emi payment 2nd of October
Your first EMI started even before you purchased the item. That's strange! Item purchased 3rd Oct and Billed for it on 2nd Oct itself.

mudassarfa

KF Rookie
Yes, also the principal and interest are shown in the app.

- Also, With HDFC when I pre-closed the EMI transaction I wasn't charged the GST on interest for the 6 months remaining. I kind a got extra discount for foreclosure and it was very easy to foreclose the emi in Mycard mobile site, without going to bank or calling CC
I agree. I also did preclosure of my emi using mycard hdfc