Seeking Advice on Overcoming Financial Crisis and Managing Debt

shashankgowda

KF Rookie
Hello Forum Members,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to the community seeking advice and guidance regarding my current financial situation, which has taken a toll on me after the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Unfortunately, I found myself without a proper job during these tough times, and to add to the stress, my mother's health condition has worsened. Amidst these difficulties, I am facing severe financial crises, with escalating issues from my creditors. The situation has become so dire that I am receiving threat calls from recovery agents who have even visited my home.

Here is a breakdown of my outstanding debts:

1. Kotak Amazon Loan - ₹85,591.12 notice issued (Only Penal Interest: 59,801)
2. Kotak PL- ₹5,99,412.57, notice issued ( Only Penal Interest 2,95,504)
3. ZestMoney - ₹75,736.43
4. HDFC Credit Card - ₹1,94,384
5. Kotak Credit Card - ₹71,787.54, notice issued
6. IndusInd Bank Credit Card - ₹1,02,628.87
7. ICICI Bank - ₹34,955.01
8. BajajFiv - ₹5,71,803.71 (Only Penal Interest 1,56,278)
9. DMI - ₹85,479

I have recently secured a job, which is a positive step forward. However, the accumulated debt is overwhelming, and I am not sure about the best way to tackle it. The high-interest rates and the threat calls from recovery agents have left me feeling lost and stressed.

I am contemplating whether to pursue a settlement with the creditors or explore other options to repay these accounts. I am open to any advice, insights, or experiences that the community may have in dealing with similar situations. If you have any suggestions on negotiating with creditors, managing debt, or any other financial strategies, please share your thoughts.

I appreciate your time and support during this challenging period. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer.

Best regards,
shashankgowda

Last edited:

Gigachad

KF Mentor
Hello Forum Members,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to the community seeking advice and guidance regarding my current financial situation, which has taken a toll on me after the challenges brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Unfortunately, I found myself without a proper job during these tough times, and to add to the stress, my mother's health condition has worsened. Amidst these difficulties, I am facing severe financial crises, with escalating issues from my creditors. The situation has become so dire that I am receiving threat calls from recovery agents who have even visited my home.

9. DMI - ₹85,479

I have recently secured a job, which is a positive step forward. However, the accumulated debt is overwhelming, and I am not sure about the best way to tackle it. The high-interest rates and the threat calls from recovery agents have left me feeling lost and stressed.

I am contemplating whether to pursue a settlement with the creditors or explore other options to repay these accounts. I am open to any advice, insights, or experiences that the community may have in dealing with similar situations. If you have any suggestions on negotiating with creditors, managing debt, or any other financial strategies, please share your thoughts.

I appreciate your time and support during this challenging period. Thank you in advance for any guidance you can offer.

Best regards,
shashankgowda
Arrenge the loan in the highest to lowest rate..

Pay the minimum on every load.. pay rest to the highest catagory..

Don't spend money on anything other then basic necessities..

Best of luck..

Hello Forum Members,

9. DMI - ₹85,479

Best regards,
shashankgowda

Hello Forum Members,

9. DMI - ₹85,479

Best regards,
shashankgowda
Dear shashankgowda,

I want to start by acknowledging the courage it takes to reach out for help during challenging times. Your openness and willingness to seek advice are commendable, and I'm here to offer support and guidance as you navigate your financial situation.

First and foremost, I want to reassure you that you're not alone in this. Many people have faced similar struggles, especially in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. It's understandable to feel overwhelmed by the weight of debt and the pressure from creditors.

I'm glad to hear that you've recently secured a job, as this is a positive step forward. With a stable income, we can start exploring options to tackle your outstanding debts and alleviate some of the stress you're experiencing.

One possible approach is to consider debt consolidation or negotiation with creditors to establish more manageable repayment plans. This could help reduce the burden of high-interest rates and provide you with a clearer path towards financial stability.

Additionally, it may be beneficial to seek guidance from a financial advisor or counselor who can provide personalized advice tailored to your specific circumstances. They can help you develop a comprehensive plan to address your debts while also planning for the future.

Remember to prioritize self-care during this process and lean on your support network for emotional support. You've taken the first step towards finding a solution, and I'm confident that with determination and the right support, you'll be able to overcome these challenges.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can do to assist you. You're not alone in this journey, and together, we'll find a way forward.