Selection of New credit card

Hello Everyone,
I am currently holding a Axis Magnus CC. After its recent devaluation I plan on dropping it and apply a new CC. I have recently been issued an Amex Plat Travel CC.
Need help with options where I can get points on spends on Utilities (Electricity bill most preferably) and Insurance premium payments as well as Lounge access.
Suggestions would be helpful. Thankyou

Channakya

KF Ace
If you want to pay for utilities, better purchase, Amazon pay vouchers in GyFTR you would get good points on that. And use the voucher balance to pay your utility bill. Pay insurance directly from the insurance website itself so that you wouldn’t be charged any extra fee.

W
If you want to pay for utilities, better purchase, Amazon pay vouchers in GyFTR you would get good points on that. And use the voucher balance to pay your utility bill. Pay insurance directly from the insurance website itself so that you wouldn’t be charged any extra fee.
Which card will give me reward points for paying insurance payments?
I am little confused with Amazon pay vouchers on Gyftr. Will they not be credited in my Shopping voucher?

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Hello Everyone,
I am currently holding a Axis Magnus CC. After its recent devaluation I plan on dropping it and apply a new CC. I have recently been issued an Amex Plat Travel CC.
Need help with options where I can get points on spends on Utilities (Electricity bill most preferably) and Insurance premium payments as well as Lounge access.
Suggestions would be helpful. Thankyou
You wants points only and not cashback, right?

For points, as @Channakya said use Amazon vouchers purchase from Gyftr. Or if you are going for some HDFC card then buy from their smartbuy portal. Use the Amazon gift card to Lian in Amazon and pay electricity bill. The difference I would suggest for insurance is to pay the insurance as well from Amazon (most of them are available there).

If at all you wish for cashback, then take SBI cashback card and purchase Amazon gift card (not shopping card) from Amazon or Tata Neu (and not from gyftr or any other giftcard site) Load your Amazon account with giftcard and pay electricity and Insurance. Effective cashback 5%. Check if your insurer is listed on Amazon or not. And do this only if insurance premium to be paid is less than 1 lakh.

You wants points only and not cashback, right?

For points, as @Channakya said use Amazon vouchers purchase from Gyftr. Or if you are going for some HDFC card then buy from their smartbuy portal. Use the Amazon gift card to Lian in Amazon and pay electricity bill. The difference I would suggest for insurance is to pay the insurance as well from Amazon (most of them are available there).

If at all you wish for cashback, then take SBI cashback card and purchase Amazon gift card (not shopping card) from Amazon or Tata Neu (and not from gyftr or any other giftcard site) Load your Amazon account with giftcard and pay electricity and Insurance. Effective cashback 5%. Check if your insurer is listed on Amazon or not. And do this only if insurance premium to be paid is less than 1 lakh.
Thanks for replying. I want only Reward points. I have an Amex Plat Travel and Axis Magnus now. On gyftr If I choose amazon pay voucher will it give me a shopping voucher or a Gift Voucher?

abhimarda

KF Mentor
Thanks for replying. I want only Reward points. I have an Amex Plat Travel and Axis Magnus now. On gyftr If I choose amazon pay voucher will it give me a shopping voucher or a Gift Voucher?
Search for Amazon gift card and not Amazon shopping voucher....both are available...but gift card can be used in all payments while shopping voucher can't be

Channakya

KF Ace
W

Which card will give me reward points for paying insurance payments?
I am little confused with Amazon pay vouchers on Gyftr. Will they not be credited in my Shopping voucher?
Amazon ICICI card gives flat 1% and you can use any other milestone benefit cards, such as access to our Idfc Vistara American Express platinum travel

Channakya

KF Ace
I have an Amex Plat Travel. How should I proceed with using this card please explain. Thanks.
Use your AMEX travel card in the insurance payment website itself, like if you’re paying for Max life or LIC, try using your card in the maths life or LIC . But I pay my insurance policies through Amazon Amazon by purchasing Amazon pay gift vouchers from GYFTR platform , this way you would get 3X or 2X points depending upon the card.

Use your AMEX travel card in the insurance payment website itself, like if you’re paying for Max life or LIC, try using your card in the maths life or LIC . But I pay my insurance policies through Amazon Amazon by purchasing Amazon pay gift vouchers from GYFTR platform , this way you would get 3X or 2X points depending upon the card.
Thanks for responding. One query though. Will paying through there websites give you Base Points on Amex Platinum travel. I have Lic and Tata AiA policies so there premiums are payable on Amazon Pay?