Short term investing

gautam

KF Rookie
Hi I need a suggestion for mutual fund / other options to invest for short term (4-5) Years .
Investment type:- Lumsum(onetime)

I would suggest go for FDs with Small Finance banks (upto 5 lakhs) if amount is greater than that split into multiple small finance banks(not in same one)

gautam

KF Rookie
I would suggest go for FDs with Small Finance banks (upto 5 lakhs) if amount is greater than that split into multiple small finance banks(not in same one)
But rate of interest in fd is low it will not beat inflammation i need a option that I atleast beat the inflammation rate..

iamvajid

KF Rookie
I have the same question but want to invest monthly 10-15k for 3-4 years. What are the best investment options?

For short term, lumpsum or SIP, if you want to go for equity - choose between index MFs or ETFs. For any other MF, even large cap, it is advisable to stay invested for atleast 5-7 years
1) Index MFs track nifty index and are relatively stable. And you benefit from the growth in index, nifty or sensex
2) If you have demat account or comfortable opening the same - can be used for other stock investments also and thus sharing the charges, you can go for index ETFs as well. Niftybees are a great option. You can trade in real time and get cost advantage as well