Student Credit Card

icyli

KF Rookie
I am 21 year old student (will be studying for 3 years more), have only used Debit card till now (3 years). Looking forward to get a credit card (monthly allowance - 5k) and I am comfortable with a fd of 15-20k if necessary.
Wanted sbi cashback credit card but I think getting that is highly unlikely with no cibil score or salary. I don't have need of high limit right now. Even 10k max is enough. Any good recommendations/advice?

Neeraj920

KF Expert
Hi,
You can try IDFC wow credit card which is based on FD.
1719799040359.png

You can contact to HDFC or other preferred bank customer care and check if they can issue card to you. First you contact them then apply.

Skylar

KF Master
I am 21 year old student (will be studying for 3 years more), have only used Debit card till now (3 years). Looking forward to get a credit card (monthly allowance - 5k) and I am comfortable with a fd of 15-20k if necessary.
Wanted sbi cashback credit card but I think getting that is highly unlikely with no cibil score or salary. I don't have need of high limit right now. Even 10k max is enough. Any good recommendations/advice?
If you’re interested in an SBI cashback card, consider applying for it in your mother’s or father’s name. And you can request an add-on card in your own name later.

^Not sure if SBI Cashback is offered as addon, please check on the SBI site.

Skylar

KF Master
And coming to FD based card I recommend you go with "OneCard"
Offline store offers - 10% to 30% Value back
Online gift vouchers - 2% to 6% Value back

and rewards can be converted to cash for statement settlement.

icyli

KF Rookie
If you’re interested in an SBI cashback card, consider applying for it in your mother’s or father’s name. And you can request an add-on card in your own name later.

^Not sure if SBI Cashback is offered as addon, please check on the SBI site.
Add-on card won't be useful for me as it won't build up my own cibil score but my father's.

Aizen164

KF Ace
If you are and existing customerof hdfc you will get easily hdfc freedom cc & hdfc indian oil cc without any civil score & no salary needed

mkate

KF Expert
And coming to FD based card I recommend you go with "OneCard"
Offline store offers - 10% to 30% Value back
Online gift vouchers - 2% to 6% Value back

and rewards can be converted to cash for statement settlement.
New one cards are not being issued anymore.

_Mayank_

KF Ace
Add-on card won't be useful for me as it won't build up my own cibil score but my father's.
Take an add-on card. Though your father/mother will be getting all the reward points, your CIBIL history will build up. My dad did the same thing 8 years ago. He applied for an add-on card for me and now my CIBIL age shows 8 years. The other option is FD-backed OneCard.