Subject: Seeking Recommendations for Entry-Level Credit Card

Atharva0121

KF Rookie
Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently exploring options for an entry-level credit card as a fresher with a monthly salary ranging from 15k to 20k. I have a good credit score, having used BNPL services responsibly and never missing a due date.

I would greatly appreciate your insights and recommendations regarding credit cards that align with my salary range and usage. I am particularly interested in cards with low annual fees, suitable for someone starting out, and offering benefits or cashback on everyday expenses such as groceries and fuel.

If you have had positive experiences with specific credit cards or have any advice on what to look for in this situation, I would be grateful for your guidance.

Thank you in advance for sharing your valuable insights!

17ysaurabh

KF Mentor
I would suggest you get yourselves three cards:
1. Airtel Axis Bank CC:
You must have utility bills like electricity, gas, and phone recharge. This card gives 10% cashback on utility bills and 25% on Airtel recharges. This will help you save every month.
This card has an annual fee of Rs. 499 but you can save much more than that annually.

2. Amazon Pay ICICI CC:
Since you are using BNPL services, you must have online expenses. This card is best for that. It gives 5% unlimited cashback. Plus it is Lifetime Free.

Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently exploring options for an entry-level credit card as a fresher with a monthly salary ranging from 15k to 20k. I have a good credit score, having used BNPL services responsibly and never missing a due date.

I would greatly appreciate your insights and recommendations regarding credit cards that align with my salary range and usage. I am particularly interested in cards with low annual fees, suitable for someone starting out, and offering benefits or cashback on everyday expenses such as groceries and fuel.

If you have had positive experiences with specific credit cards or have any advice on what to look for in this situation, I would be grateful for your guidance.

It's great to hear that you're considering getting an entry-level credit card to build your financial profile. Based on your salary range and preferences, here are a few recommendations:

1. SBI SimplyCLICK Credit Card: This card offers 10x rewards on online spends with exclusive partners like Amazon, BookMyShow, and more. It has no annual fee for the first year and a low annual fee thereafter.
  2. ICICI Bank Amazon Pay Credit Card: Ideal for online shoppers, this card provides cashback on Amazon purchases, along with rewards on other spends. It also has no annual fee.
  3. HDFC MoneyBack Credit Card: With this card, you can earn cashback on all your purchases, making it suitable for everyday expenses. It comes with a nominal annual fee.
  4. Axis Bank Neo Credit Card: This card offers discounts and cashback on dining, shopping, and entertainment expenses. It's designed for young professionals and students, with no annual fee.
Remember to check the eligibility criteria and terms and conditions of each card before applying. Also, make sure to pay your bills on time to maintain your good credit score.

Best of luck with your credit card journey!

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Hi everyone,

You can also consider FD backed OneCard. It's a a Lifetime FREE Credit Card and you can start with FD of as low as Rs. 5000 (Can go upto Rs. 1 Lakh). You'll get reward rate of 0.2-1% (1% in top 2 categories). One Card has a decent App User Experience.