Subject: Seeking Recommendations for Entry-Level Credit Card

Atharva0121

KF Rookie
Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently exploring options for an entry-level credit card as a fresher with a monthly salary ranging from 15k to 20k. I have a good credit score, having used BNPL services responsibly and never missing a due date.

I would greatly appreciate your insights and recommendations regarding credit cards that align with my salary range and usage. I am particularly interested in cards with low annual fees, suitable for someone starting out, and offering benefits or cashback on everyday expenses such as groceries and fuel.

If you have had positive experiences with specific credit cards or have any advice on what to look for in this situation, I would be grateful for your guidance.

Thank you in advance for sharing your valuable insights!

arjungoyal12

KF Mentor
There are a number of credit cards like
  • SBI Card Elite
  • AmazonPay ICICI Card
There are others as well. But do you have a bank account? If yes then in which bank?

shashwat

KF Ace
My suggestion is to go with a card from your salary account bank. They will be able to give you more deals, and probably waive any annual fees. They'll also provide you limit increases more regularly.

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you well. I am currently exploring options for an entry-level credit card as a fresher with a monthly salary ranging from 15k to 20k. I have a good credit score, having used BNPL services responsibly and never missing a due date.

I would greatly appreciate your insights and recommendations regarding credit cards that align with my salary range and usage. I am particularly interested in cards with low annual fees, suitable for someone starting out, and offering benefits or cashback on everyday expenses such as groceries and fuel.

If you have had positive experiences with specific credit cards or have any advice on what to look for in this situation, I would be grateful for your guidance.

Thank you in advance for sharing your valuable insights!
You should try to get SBI Cashback Credit Card. It has a min Salary Eligibility criteria of 18-20K.

Though this card comes with Annual Fees of Rs. 999 + GST but this card is completely worth it. It offers 5% Cashback on almost all online spends without any merchant restriction.

talk2rik

KF Rookie
I got you.

See Atharva, there is no such specific way to get an unsecured credit card for the first time. Some people get it by pre-approved offers, some by having a secured credit card first. I have experience of using Amazon Pay Later and Flipkart Pay Later for almost over 3 years. At that time, I applied for ICICI Bank Amazon Credit Card but got rejected. Then I started my journey with OneCard Secured Credit Card worth ₹2000 and later on, I got Paisabazaar RBL Duet Credit Card with the pre-approved offer. Now after a financial year, I have 10 credit cards (without any income document).

I insist you to open an account with Paisabazaar to see their suggestions on the credit cards to which you should apply. Don't go to every bank's website and try to get any of the cards as it will reflect in your credit report as enquiries.

Now, in March, you can apply for the Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card which is offering massive approval with lifetime free facility. I'm sure you'll be happy getting this card. But again, apply it through Paisabazaar, otherwise, you'll be filtered out when Axis Bank will ask you whether you are an Axis Bank customer or not.