Transfer of shares to family

_quest_

KF Rookie
I hv my demat A/c on Zerodha &my sister has her demat account on IIFL Securities. I want to transfer some of my shares to her account.How can I do that?

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
You can easily do this online via either the CDS's 'Easiest' facility or NSDL's 'Speed-e' facility. To initiate the transfer you can follow these steps:
  1. Registration: Visit either the CDSL or NSDL website and register for the online transfer facility.
  2. Details and Submission: Fill in the required details, including your demat account information and beneficiary details. Submit the completed form.
  3. Depository Participant Involvement: Send a copy of the submitted form to your Depository Participant - IIFL in this case. They will forward it to the Central Depository for processing.
  4. Verification and Login Credentials: Your information will be verified, and consequently you will receive login credentials within 1-2 business days.
  5. Online Share Transfer: You can access your Demat Account and initiate online share transfers easily.

AdityaJain

KF Rookie
You can easily do this online via either the CDS's 'Easiest' facility or NSDL's 'Speed-e' facility. To initiate the transfer you can follow these steps:
  1. Registration: Visit either the CDSL or NSDL website and register for the online transfer facility.
  2. Details and Submission: Fill in the required details, including your demat account information and beneficiary details. Submit the completed form.
  3. Depository Participant Involvement: Send a copy of the submitted form to your Depository Participant - IIFL in this case. They will forward it to the Central Depository for processing.
  4. Verification and Login Credentials: Your information will be verified, and consequently you will receive login credentials within 1-2 business days.
  5. Online Share Transfer: You can access your Demat Account and initiate online share transfers easily.
A few months ago, I transferred shares from one demat account to another of my own, and I didn't have to send any physical copies to CDSL or any of the brokers. All of the process was completed within 48 hours, from account creation to shares getting credited to another demat account.
So, maybe you will not have any requirement to send the form physically to CDSL or brokers.

You can also find your answers and guidance by following the below link, and Groww also made a video on YouTube about how to transfer shares using the CDSL "Easiest" platform.

_quest_

KF Rookie
A few months ago, I transferred shares from one demat account to another of my own, and I didn't have to send any physical copies to CDSL or any of the brokers. All of the process was completed within 48 hours, from account creation to shares getting credited to another demat account.
So, maybe you will not have any requirement to send the form physically to CDSL or brokers.

You can also find your answers and guidance by following the below link, and Groww also made a video on YouTube about how to transfer shares using the CDSL "Easiest" platform.
Thanks for the reply

_quest_

KF Rookie
👍🏻