Transferring money to Zerodha account using BHIM UPI

Hi all,

I am new to the world of investing. I have recently opened Zerodha account and I am trying to transfer funds to my Kite Zerodha account using BHIM UPI ID (aka VPA). However, I can't do so and Zerodha notified that my VPA is invalid. I have linked my bank account to the BHIM account. I am unsure what the issue. Anybody knows how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks
Spandana

Janhavi Ghate

KF Rookie
It sounds like there might be a mismatch between the UPI ID you provided and the one registered with Zerodha. Double-check the UPI ID associated with your Zerodha account and ensure it matches the one you're using. If the issue persists, contacting Zerodha's customer support would be a good next step for assistance. They should be able to provide specific guidance tailored to your account.

I have double checked my UPI ID and it is correct. I have added my bank account to BHIM account. Is this what mapping UPI ID to bank account mean? Or is it another step? Thanks

Janhavi Ghate

KF Rookie
Mapping your UPI ID to your bank account involves linking your UPI ID with the bank account you want to use for transactions. This process typically involves verifying your bank account details through the UPI app (like BHIM) and creating a UPI PIN for transactions. If you've already added your bank account to the BHIM app, it should be mapped to your UPI ID. However, if you're still facing issues, it's a good idea to reach out to both your bank and Zerodha's customer support for further assistance, as there could be specific requirements or settings that need attention.