Unsecured credit cards for students already having CIBIL score

mehetab

KF Ace
Make a list of cards you want to possess.
I can help with the above-mentioned banks and I guess @AV$ could help you better than me.
btw want to just clarify when is the credit score sent to the cibil and Experian on the last date of the month or before the billing date ???

mehetab

KF Ace
ICICI, SBI - On bill generation day
AXIS, HDFC, IDFC, SIB, IndusInd, RBL - Month end.
This mistake cost me to ruin my 2 month credit score from 772 to now 755 and more to go next month down but probably from may it will start to rise again

mehetab

KF Ace
17 points no bill deal, elaborate how you lost those points?
credit utilisation since I thought it had been calculated before or on the billing date so I just reduced my bill to less than 30% credit utilisation now this was on a Feb cycle, so at month's end it was more than 30% for more precisely it was 30% close to this. then I saw this on March and analysed it then got to know now. but also calculated that the upcoming credit score is also going to go down since it was around 44% utilised. So this month's end which was yesterday I made it to 10% so to recover the credit score on May. long story short

Skylar

KF Mentor
credit utilisation since I thought it had been calculated before or on the billing date so I just reduced my bill to less than 30% credit utilisation now this was on a Feb cycle, so at month's end it was more than 30% for more precisely it was 30% close to this. then I saw this on March and analysed it then got to know now. but also calculated that the upcoming credit score is also going to go down since it was around 44% utilised. So this month's end which was yesterday I made it to 10% so to recover the credit score on May. long story short
It becomes problematic when your spending is restricted to a maximum of ₹1,500. Some individuals claim that paying bills before the billing cycle or before the bank reports to the credit bureaus can prevent an increase in the utilization ratio. However, it’s important to note that banks do indeed report the amount spent during that billing cycle.

mehetab

KF Ace
It becomes problematic when your spending is restricted to a maximum of ₹1,500. Some individuals claim that paying bills before the billing cycle or before the bank reports to the credit bureaus can prevent an increase in the utilization ratio. However, it’s important to note that banks do indeed report the amount spent during that billing cycle.
yea during the cycle statement, it shows me how much I spent, surprisingly it was around 4-4.5k

mehetab

KF Ace
Hey Hey Hey, yuhuuuuuuuuuuu I got saved. I calculated the 44% utilisation on 29 Feb, But Luckily it was 28 Feb and that day it was only 22% so no drop, instead got increased and now 769 again. Yuuhhuuuuu amazingly saved.. Yeaaaaaaaa :D

guptajoy961

KF Expert
I am a college student and I depend on my parents for my expenses. I already got an entry level pre-approved credit card with a decent limit (close to 40k). I have been using it for the last 6 months and my current CIBIL score is decent.
Will it be a good decision to apply for an unsecured credit card? I have seen some decent credit cards like IDFC Millenia, AU credit cards that have the option to choose "student" as occupation. But I already have CIBIL score but I am neither salaried nor self-employed at this moment.
Hey there! So, you're a college student with a decent credit score, thanks to your entry-level credit card, and you're thinking about getting another unsecured card? It seems like it could be a pretty good idea:
  • Building your credit history as a college student is important, even if you don't have a steady income yet. Getting an unsecured credit card can help you keep building that credit profile.
  • Some credit cards, like the IDFC Millenia and AU cards, are specifically designed for students and might be perfect for you. The best part? You don't need to be employed or have your own business to get approved – your credit history and score matter more.
  • Even if your credit history is limited, having a decent score can help you get approved for unsecured cards. It's all about using your existing score and account activity to show that you're responsible with credit.
In your case, applying for another unsecured credit card tailored for students could be a smart move. It can help you continue building your credit profile and offer more flexibility and rewards. Just remember to use your new card responsibly – make those payments on time and try to keep your spending in check.