Unsecured credit cards for students already having CIBIL score

bozon

KF Rookie
I am a college student and I depend on my parents for my expenses. I already got an entry level pre-approved credit card with a decent limit (close to 40k). I have been using it for the last 6 months and my current CIBIL score is decent.
Will it be a good decision to apply for an unsecured credit card? I have seen some decent credit cards like IDFC Millenia, AU credit cards that have the option to choose "student" as occupation. But I already have CIBIL score but I am neither salaried nor self-employed at this moment.

Last edited:

talk2rik

KF Rookie
I got you. First of all, congratulations on having an unsecured credit card already. I hope you use it properly and pay the bills every month with 100% accuracy.

Now, talking about applying for other credit cards, you should know that the financial year ending, the month of March, is a win-win time for both the customers and banks. Banks provide credit cards with the lifetime free (LTF) facility and the customers may get it without any income document. Almost every bank follows it. But there is a catch. You must know which card is made for you at this particular time. Otherwise, you will keep trying and banks will keep sending enquiries to your credit reports, which will show a negative impact on your credit history for a long time.

To solve this issue, you can use Paisabazaar, where your existing cards will be fetched from your credit report, and based on some basic details, it will show you the credit cards to which you can apply.

You can apply it directly from the Paisabazaar website because it makes the process smoother. Also, you won't have to apply separately as Paisabazaar shows probable credit cards that you may get.

In the last few days, 4 of my credit cards got approved, such as the IDFC FIRST Millennia Credit Card, Axis Bank My Zone Credit Card, Standard Chartered Platinum Chip Credit Card, AU Bank Lit Credit Card and the next should be IndusInd Bank RuPay Credit Card. I got all of these without any income document - just by the credit score.

I think you should create an account with Paisabazaar first. Fill up the details, see their suggestions, and apply from there. As you have one card already, I'm sure you will find something in the pre-approved or in the pre-qualified segment.

Last edited:
I am a college student and I depend on my parents for my expenses. I already got an entry level pre-approved credit card with a decent limit (close to 40k). I have been using it for the last 6 months and my current CIBIL score is ~757.
Will it be a good decision to apply for an unsecured credit card? I have seen some decent credit cards like IDFC Millenia, AU credit cards that have the option to choose "student" as occupation. But I already have CIBIL score but I am neither salaried nor self-employed at this moment.
Doesn't matter.. apply for axis myzone.... mention salary = 6L.. not income proof required... this method is as per my personal experience..

Skylar

KF Mentor
If you chose "Student" your application won't even get processed.
You have to choose Self-employed and enter your company name, and most banks would come for office verification depending on the pin code.

- Student column, if bank thinks you are from top tyre collage that has consistent placements record then they would consider or else, Unnecessary cibil enquiry.

If you could mention your age, current card name and your location it would be easy for others to give appropriate suggestions.

I am a college student and I depend on my parents for my expenses. I already got an entry level pre-approved credit card with a decent limit (close to 40k). I have been using it for the last 6 months and my current CIBIL score is ~757.

Based on your situation, applying for an unsecured credit card designed for students can be a good decision if you want to build your credit history further and have access to additional credit options.
  1. IDFC First Bank Millenia Credit Card: This card offers rewards on various categories like online shopping, groceries, bill payments, and more. You can select "student" as your occupation while applying.
  2. AU Small Finance Bank Credit Card: They also offer a student credit card with benefits like cashback and rewards on specific categories

Application Tips:​

1. Choose "Student" as Occupation: Since you are a student, choose the appropriate occupation category while applying. These cards are designed to cater to students' needs and might have easier approval criteria.
    2. Income Requirement: Some student credit cards have lower income requirements compared to regular credit cards. You might qualify based on your student status.
    3. Provide Accurate Information: Make sure to provide accurate information about your income, even if it's from allowances or part-time jobs.
    4. Document Submission: Be ready to provide necessary documents such as ID proof, address proof, and college ID.

Utkarsh Sharma

KF Expert
Do go for cobranded credit cards, they follow a simple approval principal the more you spend with them the more you have a chance to get the credit card.

vikas paluru

KF Rookie
Iam vikas and iam a student, iam looking for an credit card which is unsecured and easily approve for students and as of now my cibil score is 755 and till now I didn't got any credit card and looking for my first credit card to get. what are the options I got and which is the credit card which approves students easily.

Utkarsh Sharma

KF Expert
Iam vikas and iam a student, iam looking for an credit card which is unsecured and easily approve for students and as of now my cibil score is 755 and till now I didn't got any credit card and looking for my first credit card to get. what are the options I got and which is the credit card which approves students easily.
Go for kotak league it is having good approval rate at present.

mehetab

KF Ace
If you chose "Student" your application won't even get processed.
You have to choose Self-employed and enter your company name, and most banks would come for office verification depending on the pin code.

- Student column, if bank thinks you are from top tyre collage that has consistent placements record then they would consider or else, Unnecessary cibil enquiry.

If you could mention your age, current card name and your location it would be easy for others to give appropriate suggestions.
I am 18 and i got a fd backed cc, can you help me how to get an unsecured cc

Skylar

KF Mentor
If you could wait till September, High chances of getting ICICI Platinum card.
Around October sales time ICICI has high approval rate.

mehetab

KF Ace
If you could wait till September, High chances of getting ICICI Platinum card.
Around October sales time ICICI has high approval rate.
thanks, Skylar for your suggestion I hope I remember till September. But most of the co-branded cards I have applied say it needs to be 21 and I am 18, also icici amazon cobranded one is too 21 age limited

Skylar

KF Mentor
thanks, Skylar for your suggestion I hope I remember till September. But most of the co-branded cards I have applied say it needs to be 21 and I am 18, also icici amazon cobranded one is too 21 age limited
I Said ICICI Platinum card, it is core card not cobranded.
How many co-branded cards have you applied?

Skylar

KF Mentor
1711960552359.png
If see the oldest card I have is close to 5 years old
and all the other cards are less than a year old. 2023 alone I got 5 cards.
and in 3 months of 2024 I got 3 cards.
So, concentrate on building the credit history. longer the history better the approval chances.