Using Visa and Master Credit Cards to Scan and Pay through UPI

Karunakara

KF Mentor
Presentlt G Pay and SBI Card Apps enabled Visa and Master Credit Cards also to make scan and pay option through UPI. But this works only to scan Bharat QR and not UPI QR.
That's still a welcome development because we see many merchants using Bharat QR to accept UPI payments.

The question is if such payments (scan and pay) made on Visa send Master Cards fetch same regular card specific rewards/cashback or not. Can anyone clarify it from authentic source or experience

Thanks

Presentlt G Pay and SBI Card Apps enabled Visa and Master Credit Cards also to make scan and pay option through UPI. But this works only to scan Bharat QR and not UPI QR.
That's still a welcome development because we see many merchants using Bharat QR to accept UPI payments.

The question is if such payments (scan and pay) made on Visa send Master Cards fetch same regular card specific rewards/cashback or not. Can anyone clarify it from authentic source or experience

Thanks
I hear this first time...But any way a welcome move. Do we need to link the card prior?
Do you the steps to follow. I plan to try this good option.

zacobite

KF Mentor

Thanks
upi is currently open only for rupay.. did u actually pay via scan using mc / visa?

BeHappy

KF Ace
Bro I saw Scan and Pay option for BHARAT QR 3 years back in my SBI Cards App but never tried it because most of shopkeepers didn't have Bharat QR .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-09-15-12-33-33-66_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    Screenshot_2024-09-15-12-33-33-66_87b2c207f6954c2a0fe6b457a6e14ebb.jpg
    722.5 KB · Views: 19

Maitri Maniya

KF Expert
First you have to add a visa card in gpay. Scan the QR and if you get the option for visa card in the payment method( I am getting pay with visa card on few QR codes only) then select visa card and you will get one code in the sms. That you will have to enter the card after validating the code. The process is same as pay with UPI. So only 1 step of validation added that is the code they will send you

Karunakara

KF Mentor
First you have to add a visa card in gpay. Scan the QR and if you get the option for visa card in the payment method( I am getting pay with visa card on few QR codes only) then select visa card and you will get one code in the sms. That you will have to enter the card after validating the code. The process is same as pay with UPI. So only 1 step of validation added that is the code they will send you
What are the charges applicable on this mode of scan and pay on Visa cards?

PahulGoyal

KF Expert
there is an option in onecard app to enable/disable BharatQR transactions. But what is different in Bharat qr? Why can't UPI qr be used?