SBI PRIME CREDIT CARDS NETWORK CHANGE ISSUE FROM MASTER CARD TO RUPAY.SOME QUESTIONS REGARDING TO THIS?

vermahoney

KF Rookie
I am a SBI PRIME CREDIT CARDS USER.But the issue of mine is that I used to live in semi rural area.And at my place there are some luxury shops like:- blackberry, Raymond,Fastrack,Bata,pizza hut, Domino's.But at limited luxury shops.The issue of mine is that I used to go there to buy something.Like I used to go to pizza hut, blackberry,Peter England,etc.To buy something and pay through my SBI PRIME CREDIT CARDS but sometimes they used to say that our machine is not working so please pay through phonepe,gpay,Paytm.And the issue of mine is that sometimes I used to be in a hurry and forgot to take my wallet.And where I live from that place shops are very far away.And I used to travel at a very long distance. 2hrs from one side.
So the point is if the luxury shopkeeper used to refuse my SBI PRIME CREDIT CARDS.And I want that thing.And sometimes I don't have sufficient balance at my bank account.So what to do at that movement.
Because if I don't used the card then credit card fee's/redeem points would be not recover.And I refused to use that card then my annual fees would be waste.
And at the end of the month it's important to used credit card.
So I am thinking to change my card to other network operator like my master card to rupay.
But when I consult to SBI credit card customer care to change my card to rupay they are saying we can't change it to rupay.There is no option at this time.
But you can change your card to other card like simply click, simply save,SBI ELITE,etc😒
But I want to used this card only.But in rupay card network.So that I can used to my card at local shops.And pay through UPI.
And support India government initiative.

And one issue is that I used to scan each and every QR code whether it is phonepe, gpay,Paytm,etc.But it always rejects and doesn't pay to the shop keeper or pizza hut, blackberry showroom qr or UPI id😡I just fed up by this😡what to do🤔

Last edited:

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Usually merchants (shopkeepers in this case) are charged a relatively high MDR (merchant discount rate) in case of Mastercard. It could go to as high as 3%. This MDR is very low (~1%) in case of RUPAY Credit Cards. This is the reason why most of these shopkeepers are not accepting your Mastercard.

vermahoney

KF Rookie
Usually merchants (shopkeepers in this case) are charged a relatively high MDR (merchant discount rate) in case of Mastercard. It could go to as high as 3%. This MDR is very low (~1%) in case of RUPAY Credit Cards. This is the reason why most of these shopkeepers are not accepting your Mastercard.
Thanks you so much!For the reply🥰So what to do!?does I have to wait for the rupay guidelines to come and use this card as if I am using now✔️means in a normal use🤔

ShavirB

Founder
Staff member
Thanks you so much!For the reply🥰So what to do!?does I have to wait for the rupay guidelines to come and use this card as if I am using now✔️means in a normal use🤔
Yes, eventually you will be able to convert this Mastercard into a Rupay Card. But not sure about the timeline for this

Gigachad

KF Mentor
I am a SBI PRIME CREDIT CARDS USER.But the issue of mine is that I used to live in semi rural area.And at my place there are some luxury shops like:- blackberry, Raymond,Fastrack,Bata,pizza hut, Domino's.But at limited luxury shops.The issue of mine is that I used to go there to buy something.Like I used to go to pizza hut, blackberry,Peter England,etc.To buy something and pay through my SBI PRIME CREDIT CARDS but sometimes they used to say that our machine is not working so please pay through phonepe,gpay,Paytm.And the issue of mine is that sometimes I used to be in a hurry and forgot to take my wallet.And where I live from that place shops are very far away.And I used to travel at a very long distance. 2hrs from one side.
So the point is if the luxury shopkeeper used to refuse my SBI PRIME CREDIT CARDS.And I want that thing.And sometimes I don't have sufficient balance at my bank account.So what to do at that movement.
Because if I don't used the card then credit card fee's/redeem points would be not recover.And I refused to use that card then my annual fees would be waste.
And at the end of the month it's important to used credit card.
So I am thinking to change my card to other network operator like my master card to rupay.
But when I consult to SBI credit card customer care to change my card to rupay they are saying we can't change it to rupay.There is no option at this time.
But you can change your card to other card like simply click, simply save,SBI ELITE,etc😒
But I want to used this card only.But in rupay card network.So that I can used to my card at local shops.And pay through UPI.
And support India government initiative.

And one issue is that I used to scan each and every QR code whether it is phonepe, gpay,Paytm,etc.But it always rejects and doesn't pay to the shop keeper or pizza hut, blackberry showroom qr or UPI id😡I just fed up by this😡what to do🤔
Current simplysave, BPCL, available in rupay.

vermahoney

KF Rookie
I know it bro,but the point is that.I am using SBI one of the premium card.And it doesn't refer to a normal customer.From this I doesn't want to use simply click or simply save😅And I am happy to use this card🥰
But I want to thank you for the reply🙏It means a lot🥰

Last edited:

Gigachad

KF Mentor
I know it bro,but the point is that.I am using SBI one of the premium card.And it doesn't refer to a normal customer.From this I doesn't want to use simply click or simply save😅And I am happy to use this card🥰
But I want to thank you for the reply🙏It means a lot🥰
For upi i use hdfc tata infinity.. give me 1.5%cb on upi

One point that you need to confirm from SBI cards is that whether they issue the prime card in the Rupay variant as not all cards are present in rupay variant. Some are Visa, MC, and Rupay variants, some are just Visa or just MC variant and some are only available in the rupay variant.
If the said card is not available in rupay then the bank cannot help you. If it available then try to close this card and again apply same card with Rupay variant.

Rkagrawal

KF Ace
#I you can't change cart to master to rupay as all this are diffrent company.
#Only rupay credit is eligible for pay by gpay or upi And payment receiver must be a business upi account then you can pay by rupay credit card upi payment.
# You can't pay to individual upi account by rupay upi credit card.