WANT CREDIT HISTORY BUT DON'T WANT TO PAY ANNUAL FEE

Is there any way I can tell the bank to block my card i.e. I won't be using that card for any payments but I don't want to close that card because I don't want my positive credit history to be deleted.

Skylar

KF Master
Is there any way I can tell the bank to block my card i.e. I won't be using that card for any payments but I don't want to close that card because I don't want my positive credit history to be deleted.
Even if you close the card, it will be shown in the closed card section for 3 years so no worries.

hitirfan

KF Mentor
I saw some youtube short of bekifayati only ig that if we close our card , it negatively affects our credit score. so is it not true?
Wo point hai ki sab se oldest card rakhna chahiye, credit history lambi rakhne ke liye. No issues you can close the card. Get a LTF card if u want a long credit history and don't close that card ever.

Skylar

KF Master
I saw some youtube short of bekifayati only ig that if we close our card , it negatively affects our credit score. so is it not true?
Wo point hai ki sab se oldest card rakhna chahiye, credit history lambi rakhne ke liye. No issues you can close the card. Get a LTF card if u want a long credit history and don't close that card ever.
I closed my oldest cards, no effect on CIBIL score.

- All my closed cards are shown in the "Closed cards" section and credit history (length) is shown with the oldest card I closed.

- My dad's credit history is 29 years and his oldest account is of a lone that was cleared way back in 2001, and same with his credit card which is closed in 2007 is still shown in his "closed cards" section.

Note: Card closed in CIBIL are not deleted from credit history because they need data of your repayment's history, so they keep that data to see if you skipped any payment dates in past.

I'm not sure about other credit bureau but this is what I have seen with CIBIL

I closed my oldest cards, no effect on CIBIL score.

- All my closed cards are shown in the "Closed cards" section and credit history (length) is shown with the oldest card I closed.

- My dad's credit history is 29 years and his oldest account is of a lone that was cleared way back in 2001, and same with his credit card which is closed in 2007 is still shown in his "closed cards" section.

Note: Card closed in CIBIL are not deleted from credit history because they need data of your repayment's history, so they keep that data to see if you skipped any payment dates in past.

I'm not sure about other credit bureau but this is what I have seen with CIBIL
True. CIBIL keeps the closed ones but for Experian and CRIF they keep the oldest active ones and hence score is affected only on experian and crif if your oldest card is closed.