what are the best credit cards for students above the age of 21 ?

Harsh Shah

KF Expert
SBI Student Plus Advantage Credit Card: This card offers a 50-day interest-free period, fuel surcharge waiver of up to 2.5%, and rewards points on every purchase. The annual fee is Rs. 500.

ICICI Bank Student Forex Card: This card offers a 50-day interest-free period, no foreign exchange (FX) markup, and rewards points on international spends. The annual fee is Rs. 199.

Kotak 811 #Dream Different Credit Card: This card offers a 50-day interest-free period, no annual fee, and rewards points on all spends. The card also offers a host of other benefits, such as cashback on fuel spends and shopping discounts.

ICICI Coral Contactless Credit Card: This card offers a 50-day interest-free period, no annual fee for the first year, and rewards points on all spends. The card also offers contactless payments and other benefits, such as cashback on fuel spends and shopping discounts.

Axis Bank Insta Easy Credit Card: This card offers a 50-day interest-free period, no annual fee for the first year, and rewards points on all spends. The card also offers a host of other benefits, such as cashback on fuel spends and shopping discounts.

sagar_03

KF Ace
Harsh has already Shared most of the cards, I would like to add few more.
1. Slice card - This would be a good card for starting your credit card journey as it's LTF and no credit score would be required. You can get 2% cashback on most of the transactions.

2. One Card - This would be also good as it's also LTF, but there are no much benefits here.

ICICI Amazon Pay: I have been using this credit card for one year and this is my first credit card. It is a lifetime free credit card, for me, it is one of the best credit cards out there for beginners. it has 1% cash back on every purchase(5% on Amazon purchases as I am a Prime member and 2% on payment of bills using this credit card using Amazon Pay) and cashback will be in the form of Amazon pay money which in return can be used for mobile recharge and paying electricity bills. after nearly 3 months of usage, they increased my credit limit and my cibil score is also doing great. My suggestion is to go for it.

Sachin708

KF Rookie
Fd against Credit card
Lifetime time free card
One card , Kotak Fd Card
Icici Fd card, paisa bazar fd card for students,
One card without income Documents mil rha hai best for students

sagar_03

KF Ace
ICICI Amazon Pay: I have been using this credit card for one year and this is my first credit card. It is a lifetime free credit card, for me, it is one of the best credit cards out there for beginners. it has 1% cash back on every purchase(5% on Amazon purchases as I am a Prime member and 2% on payment of bills using this credit card using Amazon Pay) and cashback will be in the form of Amazon pay money which in return can be used for mobile recharge and paying electricity bills. after nearly 3 months of usage, they increased my credit limit and my cibil score is also doing great. My suggestion is to go for it.
But they won't approve it for students as cibil score would be less than 750. My 2-3 friends application got rejected.

Yuvirin_TBW

KF Rookie
In my opinion some useful/value for money all rounder cashback cc for people age 21/22 should be :-

1. Amazon Pay ICICI
2. Flipkart Axis
3. HDFC Millennia
4. SBI Cashback
5. Snapdeal Bob
6. Axis Bank Freecharge Plus
7. Axis Ace
8. Airtel Axis
9. Bob HPCL Energie
10. HDFC Swiggy
11. HDFC Tata Neu Infinity/Plus (Rupay Variant)

If you carefully analyse all these credit cards (joining & annual fee, milestone benefits etc.) then you will realise that these cards can give common people far better returns than other so called premium/ultra premium credit cards by using these cards in day to day life.

Anindya98

KF Expert
In my opinion some useful/value for money all rounder cashback cc for people age 21/22 should be :-

1. Amazon Pay ICICI
2. Flipkart Axis
3. HDFC Millennia
4. SBI Cashback
5. Snapdeal Bob
6. Axis Bank Freecharge Plus
7. Axis Ace
8. Airtel Axis
9. Bob HPCL Energie
10. HDFC Swiggy
11. HDFC Tata Neu Infinity/Plus (Rupay Variant)

If you carefully analyse all these credit cards (joining & annual fee, milestone benefits etc.) then you will realise that these cards can give common people far better returns than other so called premium/ultra premium credit cards by using these cards in day to day life.
But you should have a credit history before applying for most of the cards in this list like bob cards , Airtel Axis, snapdeal, ICICI requires savings account or pre approved offer

vansh

KF Rookie
Can anyone please help me with this query ?
If you are new to the credit card space and want to build your credit score from scratch, then my recommendation to you would be a - FD backed credit card ...
like -
OneCard
(min. FD amt. - ₹ 5000
limit - 100% of your FD amt.
Lifetime free & zero joining fess)

IDFC WOW credit card
(min FD amt. - ₹ 5000
also Life time free with zero joining fees )

IndusInd Aura Edge Platinum credit card
(offers 90% of your FD amt. as the credit limit and usually comes with a lifetime free offer with zero joining fees )

I've personally being using OneCard for more than 1.5 years and now after using more than 6 different credit cards I can say that it has the best user-interface and in app experience.

Of course these are the entry level cards but, for beginners who don't have any credit score they can be a great choice.

yashsinghania

KF Rookie
Go for LTF cards like amazon or Flipkart. If they're being rejected get an FD backed card from your bank as spend little amount for a few months and you'll be building your credit score in no time!
Be sure to make payments on time! All the best

tusharghai40

KF Rookie
Harsh has already Shared most of the cards, I would like to add few more.
1. Slice card - This would be a good card for starting your credit card journey as it's LTF and no credit score would be required. You can get 2% cashback on most of the transactions.

2. One Card - This would be also good as it's also LTF, but there are no much benefits here.
Slice card has been closed and One card does not provide many offers and is mostly given on the basis of FD, so I won't personally recommend this now.

sagar_03

KF Ace
Bro it will be closed but there will be new Card. I have confirmed with their customer care.
Also no bank will give you credit card without cibil score , so student who has no job or small internship can have fd based card. Also you can't compare entry level LTF credit card with premium credit cards, right ?
Slice card has been closed and One card does not provide many offers and is mostly given on the basis of FD, so I won't personally recommend this now.

Nihal Singh

KF Rookie
  1. SBI Student Plus Advantage Card: This card is designed for students and offers benefits like cashback on utility bill payments and movie tickets.
  2. HDFC Bank Millennia Credit Card: This card is targeted towards young individuals and offers rewards on categories such as shopping, dining, and entertainment.
  3. Axis Bank Neo Credit Card: This card offers cashback on movie tickets, mobile recharges, and online shopping.
  4. ICICI Bank Instant Platinum Credit Card: This card is designed for those with limited credit history and offers benefits like discounts on dining and entertainment.
  5. Kotak Mahindra Bank Aqua Gold Credit Card: This card is suitable for students with limited credit history and offers benefits like fuel surcharge waivers.
  6. Standard Chartered Manhattan Platinum Credit Card: This card offers rewards on dining, grocery, and entertainment spends.
  7. RBL Bank Popcorn Credit Card: This card is targeted at movie enthusiasts and offers cashback and discounts on movie tickets and dining.